Nearly Live! v West Ham | Page 20 | Vital Football

Nearly Live! v West Ham

MOTD RUNNING ORDER

The running order for tonight's Match of the Day has landed.

1. Chelsea/West Brom, 2. Liverpool/Fulham, 3. Southampton/Hull, 4. Norwich/WestHam, 5. Villa/Cardiff, 6. Palace/Everton

You can watch that lot on BBC One at 2250 GMT.

Steve from Oz - 9/11/2013 19:29

Thanks guys - now off to bed for the second half of my nights sleep even though dawn has occurred

YOu are a hero for doing that in the middle of the night Steve ! :clap:

FCBEARS - 9/11/2013 19:29

Yep Hugh to stay in charge - i Dont want him but well done to him and the lads.

The best thing for me was the celebrations from the lads - Snodders saying the lads so pleased.

I don't want to be negative but anyone else think that could have been player power??? I mean 2nd half we actually started to close players down and not pass backwards all the time. I am going to say that the players did that and not hugh

sorry just my opinion.

3 points lovely - but is it just a clean tissue covering a pile of poo?

Agree bears, looked like player power.

screaming canary - 9/11/2013 19:29

Snoddy has a very large nose.

Thats funny!

First game of three as i was hoping next win should be palace and maybe a draw with newcastle and CH has done his job.

It will happen.

northern yellow - 9/11/2013 19:33

FCBEARS - 9/11/2013 19:29

Yep Hugh to stay in charge - i Dont want him but well done to him and the lads.

The best thing for me was the celebrations from the lads - Snodders saying the lads so pleased.

I don't want to be negative but anyone else think that could have been player power??? I mean 2nd half we actually started to close players down and not pass backwards all the time. I am going to say that the players did that and not hugh

sorry just my opinion.

3 points lovely - but is it just a clean tissue covering a pile of poo

No, I disagree.. I still have faith and think things will be on the upward now.

Having the top 6 teams in the first ten was always going to be a hard ask for a team like ours that only has a moderate budget.

If CH gets replaced the new manager will need to be very proven otherwise he wont be any improvement as CH is not total crap, just needs polishing.

This will totally boost the whole team...

About time as I reckon they were depressed..

Ive just cracked my first Cider. Mmmmmm

no youre not being negative northern
papering over the cracks,cant forget that dire 1st half
and yes the players pulled him through,but we take 3 points and move on...for now

Sky showed it wasnt a penalty .We were lucky, although I will take it .

I dont judge Hugh on today alone ( or last week alone) but on the atrocious tactics , coaching and results since he has been in charge

I am so pleased to get 3 points as I didn't give them a hope in hells chance at half time. Credit should be given to team for second half performance and the way they came back. It is frustrating now to have an international break as we need to go again. Personally I think we may be papering over the cracks but I doubt there will be any changes now. Let's just enjoy the win. They don't come very often now.

Well done Steve. Sleep well.

Just in from work, checked scores throughout game and delighted with the result. We have to push on now, the only way hugh can save and redeem himself is to draw or win at newcastle and beat palace. otherwise, todays result means nothing IMO. Only then will i go back to supporting him. I will however support the team throughout. OTBC

You got what you wanted. Two up front and they swamped us by basically playing 6 in midfield.
We were out of the game!!!!
Suggestions that player power changed the face of the game show a total lack of understanding of team games. GET UP THEIR ARSES!!!!!!! Was the half time rallying call. And they did. No doubt a reminder that part of their over paid job was to RUN was made. I'm glad they listened!!!!
Suggestions that CH has lost the dressing room were blown away when celebrations were carried towards the bench.
Great result but doesn't change the fact that we are not actually that good. Not the managers fault as he has certainly strengthened during the closed season.
It remains a hard season ahead!!
But in our favour is the fact that we are still a tight unit. On occasions showing glimpses of real quality.
None of the teams below us can boast the same.
We'll stay up! But next seasons battle will be the same as this ones.

agreed sminks
lets enjoy the win as im sure the lads are doing
players not tactics won this evening,and thats enough negativity....until we play newcastle !

I will give hugh equal credit as the players today, it sounds like it was a top 2nd half performance. Had we come out and been awful he would have got the blame. If we come out and be good, he must too take some credit. otherwise it is simply a case of "i dont like you so nothing you can do is good" ! Well done to the team and Chris Hughton tonight. More of the same though is the only thing will get people on side, no good going back to loss after loss and not being able to score.

Brilliant result to come home to from work! Get in!!!!

Brilliant work Steve, top stuff reading through NL!

As for player power, I as always give Hugh 50% of credit, and the player 50% of credit, much like I do in the losses as well.

It's a good win going into the international break, can relax now and hopefully push on with Newcastle away and Palace at home after the break

our leroy is certainly an enigma
we saw the best and worst of him today,but he badly needed help in there.
personally i love watching him,he has lots to learn but we have a special talent :beer:

Clwyd Why wasn't get up their arses the call at the start of the game?

We didn't really get what we wanted with two up top as Elmander was sitting just behind Hooper and in the 2nd half elmander was pushed further forward and we were better.

Anyway I think it was player power others didn't thats just my opinion. Players celebrated with other players on the bench and not hugh - just saying what I saw -

I am going to give my yellow and green candles some credit tonight. They have gone out now but were reinstated for this match due to late KO. I mustn't underestimate them in the future.

On a more serious note. This has to be the beginning of a good run of results or else we will be back to square one again very soon. Our league position is looking much healthier at the moment but that can change very soon.

The additional pleasurable thing today was NL! stayed and didnt disappear so it gave people a chance to re-read the game, glad you enjoyed it and thanks.