Nearly Live! v WBA | Page 17 | Vital Football

Nearly Live! v WBA

Well even with all the defensive mistakes we won ,MOTM John Ruddy kept them in front more than once.Realy think most of the defence need to take a trip tp Specsavers as when passing out of defence couldnt tell us from WB.But all the same well done lads.

Great result I am still shocked. A far better feel about this christmas period now, at least 3 games that won't be as tough as today.

I didnt realise Darrel Russel was on CC until half way through second half. I kept thinking I could have sworn I have heard darrel russel being mentioned surely he left us about 6 years ago!! Just heard confirmation he was commentating with goreham. Thank god I am not losing it. Super Hooper though. He has made it into my sig after today , very prestigious award that. :grin:

Well done and cheers Steve, great job as always and finally you are rewarded with a good result!!! All worth it in end :clap:

I'll take the three points. Our defense was as derpy if not more so than most of the road blowouts we've experienced this season. A lot of it was Ruddy, whose MOTM is well deserved... And a lot of it was the fact we were playing WBA.

good three points
certainly gives us room to breath
hughton seeemed a bit more flexable with tactics and substitutions today

Thought so too suffolk. when we were making a sub I was waiting for Hoops or Elmander to go off and bring on a defender, when i heard murphy was coming on i couldnt believe what i was hearing. If he had only done that type of sub against likes of everton, hull and cardiff we'd be 9 pts better off already by now putting us 7th, sharing points with newcastle in 6th but worse GD. Makes you think...

Well I can honestly say I am in a state of shock tonight as I really couldn't see us getting anything today. I was there and it was a great atmosphere in the stand. The Norwich fans were fantastic and I loved the singing "How sh*t must you be, we're winning away", which at the Hawthorns train station turned into "How shit must you be, we won away!!" Joking aside, there was a lot odf passion and effort out there on the pitch today. At times our defence were very dodgy, but West Brom were woeful at times. However, the team woke up to reality today and performed when it mattered. I have just seen two wins in a row, but this has been the most satisfying. I have also been to two aways and seen two wins so which one should I choose next?

Sminks this was the game I was also able to go to but for not realising until last moment, otherwise I would have been there today - making it also 2 aways and 2 wins. Think we should both go to all aways from now on :grin:

quite quiet on here tonight
is everybody in a state of shock !?
so happy with the three points and hooper really seems to be finding his feet now.
but without trying to be negative,the jury is still very much out for me,we have some winnable games coming up
lets hope hugh is listening to advice at last.

Very good win today. I've given Hughton flak for the losses but today for me he must take some credit. I thought his team was attacking (I feared elmander on the wing, but went two up top) and I thought his sub's were correct. Glad he gave Murphy a game in a meaningful situation.

Ruddy was back to his best today. I also thought Turner did well coming back into the side (I know some don't rate but I think hes a good prem level centre half). King Leroy didn't have a good game but scored and got an assist!!! Redmond was good, needs to work on his final ball, and if he gets that right my word what a player he'll be.

A separate word for Hooper. He's getting better week by week, his link up play getting very good and the finish was sublime today.

Still not a Hughton fan, one result and performance doesn't change it, but if he will show the things he showed today (basically balls away from home), he might drag me round.

A bold prediction. We will defeat Utd on the 28th which will send us above them in the league....

OTBC!

Have to agree with everything there olly. I am not so confident about utd mind....hope you are right!!!

f we had done the same thing at Hull and agianst Cardiff we would have 5 more points.
Better late than never I suppose.

that's got to give you guys hope now for the up and coming season?! Yep im pretty disappointed about today, especially as we didn't score, but that's our real problem at the moment. Lots of strikers, but not many are reliable to stick the ball in week after week. You were very good on the counter; keep players like redmond fit, you won't have too many problems!

cheers albion. haven't seen highlights yet as once again we are one of last on match of day as normal! it sounded all very one sided in that second half on radio, how you didnt score ill never know! must have been frustrating from a wba point of view. I'll take 3 points though. Good luck for rest of season with exception when you come to carrow road! :grin:

Just saw highlights. First got to say what a goal from Hooper. Amazing. Fer did well too but that first was something else. Find it amazing how we had 73% possession other week and only just managed to score, less than 40% today and scored twice, simirarly over 30 attempts at goal v Cardiff and failed to hit the back of net, 3 chances today and took 2 of them. Completely unpredictable. Ruddy had a very good game to make up for 1 or 2 defensive errors today and I think that probably won us the game and made the difference, rightly MOTM. Redmond is going to be world class. What was most pleasing today was the reaction from the our players and you could see they wanted to play for the shirt and manager, hughton certainly still has things in the dressing room under control and morale seems decent. 3 wins from 5 now slowly starting to get going, unfortunate that the international break came just after we got our first decent win I think. Another 3 very winnable games over christmas period, should and could be in a very healthy position come January.

I've been harsh on Hugh the last couple of weeks but today credit where it is due, his subs and tactics were spot on and cannot fault anything, well done Hughton and players. Can't help but think had we done that v cardiff and hull we would be top 8 by now, which really says a lot. OTBC

Oh and regarding the hand ball, IMO no way he could have got away from that, the ball was no more than about a foot from his arm when the WBA player kicked it up straight into him. Right decision

Nathan how do you do that thing at the bottom of your profile? I have worked in IT for years and got a'levels in it but I just can't remember how to do that?