Nearly Live! v Newcastle | Page 20 | Vital Football

Nearly Live! v Newcastle

IMO Gunny as a manager has to right to pass judgement on another...however I listened to his views on Ruddy which he is entitled to talk about.

Players let us down today it would seem.

Hugh must take most of blame . Played one up front , cant inspire the players , wont attack when we are losing , and made his usual bizarre late substitutions . As one caller on RN said ' Hugh is up in the clouds , has lost it ,hasnt got a clue and must go'

I agree.

It wont do anything . Hugh will play defensive , and if Palace score we will fall to bits . IMO we can only save ourselves from relegation now by getting rid of Hugh , Coffeewood and Trolley . They are no good and have got to before next weeks game. :bye:

well,out of the horses mouth...
when asked had he thought of making the subs earlier
he hesitated and said that hewas afraid we would be opened up
and that he was concious of the man city result
do we need anymore proof ?

So he was basically going for 2-0 then and when we scored and like normal he had no fing idea what to do

I sent YB a text last night saying this....My prediction, we will go two goals down and pull one back from a set piece. Just shows how predictable it has become. Get these useless jokers out now.

If we wait for palace game we will lose and he'll be fired anyway so get him out now and let's start winning some games. Put the tea lady in charge, just anyone please!

Here we go our amazing manager after the game:

"It was not much the performance that was frustrating but goals we conceded. They were two goals that were avoidable.
"Credit to the players they came out and showed spirit and character.
"At the moment we need to be scoring goals. We pushed really hard in the second half but goals decide games and if we are conceding soft goals we make it difficult for ourselves."

West Ham losing so we still out of relegation zone - We have to win on saturday as the next games will only bring 0 points

Sorry, 2 wins and a draw from wet spam, newcastle and palace was minimum. Didnt get it. Hughton to go for me now.

It's all becoming a joke, now with rumours that Wolfswinkel is not injured and is refusing to play as Hugh's tactics are so negative. I'm sure it's not true but just shows how ridiculous the whole situation is becoming.

Next hooper will come out in pink Un and say that its true :lol:

Through the haze of pain killers I am not feeling so depressed as I thought I would. I suspected we would loose against a team that had high confidence and was playing on home turf. What I don't understand, given the amount of possession we had, is:
1. Why we had so few shots on target.
2. Why we did not have substitutions earlier than the last couple of minutes?
3. Why, given that we were a gaol down after only two minutes and the second was apparently also a defensive error, is out best defender sitting out the match on the bench (is Bassa not fully fit?)?
4. Why is CH relying on the midfield to always get us out of trouble?