Names in the frame? | Page 5 | Vital Football

Names in the frame?

GlenthamImp - 7/4/2016 21:08

Any thoughts on John Schofield, not been mentioned to my knowledge yet as an option on this thread.

That's because he isn't one. Just: no.

(Welcome to the forum, by the way)

RussC - 7/4/2016 08:03

And the font of all knowledge, comes up with.....wait for it....a man with 600+ appearances for our fishy friends up the A46.....you couldn't make it up!

Where's the famous 'Doddington Red Striper' when you need him?

I'm sure he could come up with somebody equally stupid.

Oh sorry I forgot, They're the same person

Never seen in the same room together.

Richard Money is apparently coaching the US at the minute, so I think we can probably knock that one on the head.

Oh, and BD's interview in the Echo doesn't quite paint the full picture.

In the interview, he says what he'd like but then says something along the lines of it's not his decision, it's a group one and that doesn't automatically disregard other types.

I don't think it is healthy to publicise a pre-conceived notion of the age of the preferred candidate. Might put off an older fella who has better credentials than any of the young guns that apply.
Enthusiasm, ideas, quality man-management, coaching are not age-restricted. [thinking ranieri]
Also how does it sit with employment law?

If Moyses comments about fancying a Director of Football role are an inkling of whats to come I certainly think an older experienced type would be out of the window. Not many of us would want to work under someone who has a worse record (although it does happen!).

Marcus Bignot was mentioned before, but Talking to a Gainsboro supporting friend (so this is completely 2nd hand info) he was saying that Solihull have one of the lowest budgets in the Conf North, and that was very impressed by their team (13 points clear). Don't know if he would consider leaving, but I think he's worth a conversation.

Red Wimp - 8/4/2016 20:22

Marcus Bignot was mentioned before, but Talking to a Gainsboro supporting friend (so this is completely 2nd hand info) he was saying that Solihull have one of the lowest budgets in the Conf North, and that was very impressed by their team (13 points clear). Don't know if he would consider leaving, but I think he's worth a conversation.

I suggested him months ago when Steve O'Dare asked me who I thought would be a good replacement for CM