Names in the frame? | Vital Football

Names in the frame?

Newporter

Vital Youth Team
Sorry about Chris Moyses. A man with a big heart and 100% Imps. But looking ahead who do we fancy for the job? I fancy Richard Money ( took Cambridge up and currently without a post) . No idea if he's even interested, though. Or maybe Solihull Moors boss Marcus Bignot? Let's start some rumours!

I hope they can attract/appoint a good quality candidate quickly without the usual parade of 50 or so no hopers. Maybe they already have?

IF the Cods dont go up then it is likely Paul Hurst will be on his way. Could do worse!

like the suggestion of Bignot, wont have the baggage of many of the no hopers

Always liked Mark Bower at Guiseley, got them up after a few years sniffing around the top of Conference North. May well keep them safe in this league and I'm assuming their budget is minimal

Rod Fletcher - 5/4/2016 12:28

IF the Cods dont go up then it is likely Paul Hurst will be on his way. Could do worse!

like the suggestion of Bignot, wont have the baggage of many of the no hopers

Codhead reject and a failure (if they don't go up) after spending pots of cash over a number of years. No thanks.

I'd take Richard Money. He'll fall out with everyone eventually, though. He's not particularly media or fan friendly.

It has to be someone experienced at getting promoted back into the league. Trouble is the club is now a very attractive proposition for any managerial candidate with the financial situation & stability, etc. probably one of the top prospects in the National League, alongside Wrexham & Tranmere.

PerthImp - 5/4/2016 12:42

It has to be someone experienced at getting promoted back into the league. Trouble is the club is now a very attractive proposition for any managerial candidate with the financial situation & stability, etc. probably one of the top prospects in the National League, alongside Wrexham & Tranmere.
not sure that's a problem mate!

implausible - 5/4/2016 12:27

I hope they can attract/appoint a good quality candidate quickly without the usual parade of 50 or so no hopers.

You can name the applicants right now, can't you?

I'm not even going to think about it, I'll be suicidal in no time.

Imperative that the club avoids them all like the plague. Time for a bit of imagination.

NottyImp - 5/4/2016 13:16

Whoever it is will have to over-achieve on our budget to get promotion.

Exactly right, Notty.

But that is the mark of a genuine manager - someone who overachieves on resources. Anyone know of one? For £3.50 a week?

Surprising how many quality managers are out of a job on here.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik/?statistik=189&plus=0

The one thing we don't seem to have tried yet is a manager who has done well at Conference North or South level and deserves a chance higher up. Plenty of managers down there who've done a good job on a shoestring.

Luke Imp - 6/4/2016 04:41

I'd take Richard Money. He'll fall out with everyone eventually, though. He's not particularly media or fan friendly.

I always thought he was a bit crazy.

I wonder if it will be someone stepping down somewhere at the end of the season ? Non league know how is still a plus for me.

Gary Mills is on a one year rolling deal at Wrexham. Not suggesting he'd fancy it, mind.

He's done well recently after their drop in results mid-season.

Luke Imp - 6/4/2016 05:45

Gary Mills is on a one year rolling deal at Wrexham. Not suggesting he'd fancy it, mind.

He's done well recently after their drop in results mid-season.

Name that comes up occasionally; with a bit of cash not a bad appointment? Might manage to keep it on the deck (to extremes!) if that came about, but got York playing.

It will be a gamble whoever the Board choose. They will be applauded by some and derided by others.

I was talking to a Bolton fan who said he was delighted when Neil Lennon was appointed.....

ImpfromWashy - 5/4/2016 13:56

It will be a gamble whoever the Board choose. They will be applauded by some and derided by others.

I was talking to a Bolton fan who said he was delighted when Neil Lennon was appointed.....

Bit like Lincoln Fans when Tilson came.