Names in the frame? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Names in the frame?

I put the name I did because I think it's a realistic proposition, I'm not sure putting names like Ainsworth et al in the mix is at all.

Robbie Fowler. A pic was posted on Twitter of Clive Nates chatting to him in the bar at the Tranmere game. :pointy:

God. No.

implausible - 5/4/2016 13:29

Surprising how many quality managers are out of a job on here.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik/?statistik=189&plus=0

We're gonna need a bigger stand.
:pointy:

Would love to see some ambition and go for the Braintree lads, but would need to persuade them to give up steady jobs and move to the area. But I think they come across an intelligent pair who would do well.

Other than that Richard Money looks the best option to me, I think he would do well with some of our current squad to.

Not sure how long he has left on his contract and depending what happens at the end of the season But Dennis Greene ?

jal jal - 5/4/2016 20:26

I wouldn't be surprised if somebody had already been asked, with Moyses saying he will leave after the last game instead of saying he will stay on until we sign a new manager.

I don't read it that way. What can Moyses realistically do at the end of the season? Nothing much. The new guy will want to sign his own players. Any work Moyses does would be wasted. Might as well just go on holiday and take a well earned break.

Darren Huckerby applied a couple of years ago if I remember correctly. I believe he is / was involved with coaching at the Norwich youth setup. Would have a good knowledge of quality young players past and present from Premier League and Championship youth teams. He's probably earning more in their youth setup than he would be as a manager with Lincoln but would he be interested in taking on his first proper managerial / head coach role in senior football?

There is one huge drawback with that: what does Huckerby know about non-league football? Any of the players down here? The way teams set up to play in the National League? Absolutely nothing. And who would his transfer targets be? The last thing we need at this point is another untried, untested manager with no experience of where we are: look where Sutton got us - he didn't understand the first thing about L2 and signed lots of Premier League youth/reserve players who were totally unfit for purpose.

I can't help thinking we need someone with that knowledge, someone with a track record in the NL and the lower divisions like Money, Challinor etc.

No one has mentioned Simon Weaver so far. Good muck and nettles player for us and has served a 7 year apprenticeship at Harrogate. Add potential investment from his multi millionaire dad and he becomes an attractive proposition.

Scrimp - 6/4/2016 10:45

No one has mentioned Simon Weaver so far. Good muck and nettles player for us and has served a 7 year apprenticeship at Harrogate. Add potential investment from his multi millionaire dad and he becomes an attractive proposition.

I wrote a piece on Weaver in the 'Managers Out Of Work...' thread:

"Appointed manager of Harrogate in 2009 but has a chequered record in that time:

2009-10: Bottom of Conference North, reprieved from relegation.
2010-11: 12th
2011-12: 15th
2012-13: 6th
2013-14: 9th
2014-15: 15th
2015-16: Currently 4th in NL North, may make the play-offs for the first time in 7 attempts. "

When you consider his millionaire father bought the club 5 years ago, that isn't a great record, I'm afraid. Not the right man.

On the theme of managers with lower league experience: for someone with a track record as a player at a decent level, and an up and coming manager at lower league level, have a look at Kevin Wilson (and Steve Chettle) at Nuneaton in Conf North, and successful record at Ilkeston

Dave Challinor would be a good call in my opinion although he looks settled in the North-West and if AFC Fylde do well in the Conference North play-offs then he might just stay there or go to somewhere like Chester, Tranmere or Wrexham in the future.