Names in the frame? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Names in the frame?

collingham imps - 6/4/2016 13:42

Cox and Simmo spring to mind

Thats an interesting one. Although if the rumours are true I think there might be some burnt bridges with Simmo.

The more I think about it the more Id like to see Dino Maamria appointed. If nothing else but for the cool name.

As I have written on another post, there is an article to be published later that analyses the last 12 managers to win promotion from the Conference.

The best fit by far is Dave Challinor.

barryimp - 6/4/2016 16:24

Dino applied for the job last time.My choice.

He left Southport due to the amount of time he was spending away from his children. Can't remember where his family home is?

Dorrian stated in the Echo today that they will be looking for a young manager with ambition, not necessarily a manager already, maybe 'a number 2' or coach, potentially a first time appointment. To me, this looks like a David Preece / Matt Sparrow combo.

Dale1981 - 6/4/2016 17:30

Dorrian stated in the Echo today that they will be looking for a young manager with ambition, not necessarily a manager already, maybe 'a number 2' or coach, potentially a first time appointment. To me, this looks like a David Preece / Matt Sparrow combo.

No, no, no, no!

Bob also said he'd have a new manager appointed before Chris leaves. That's in 3 weeks time :eek:

I'd like to see someone like Mikey Harris. Experience in conference south and got Salisbury promoted to national league as manager. Now head coach for Portsmouth youth set up. Young and ambitious.

According to Mr Dorrian there is likely to be 50 to 70 applicants by this weekend so all of you guessing and putting names forward are going to be miles behind! LOL

JT_LCFC - 6/4/2016 20:26

I would be trying to tempt Danny Cowley and I am sure he would come if offered.

How can you know for sure he would come. Are you sure he would give up his position as head of PE at his school, uproot his family and take us on. Would his assistant, namely his brother, be willing to do the same. It is more likely he will be the next manager of Southend when Phil Brown eventually moves on or Colchester.
Would be a good appointment though!

And the font of all knowledge, comes up with.....wait for it....a man with 600+ appearances for our fishy friends up the A46.....you couldn't make it up!