Name dropping (non G) Most famous person you have ever met | Page 3 | Vital Football

Name dropping (non G) Most famous person you have ever met

The Queen Bobby Robson Tony Blair. Bobby Robson was everything you wanted him to be. Happy to chat, great stories and generous with his time.

Scraping the barrel here. The only one I can think of is Harriet Harman. Was on first name terms with her back in the 80's as I was on the GMC that chose her as candidate for Southwark Camberwell that started her career in politics.

Alex Higgins
The Queen (Garden Party)
All the supertramp band and Chris De Burgh (my godfather was / is their manager)
George Michael (fundraising - not the local bogs)
The Dali Lama
Dave Shearer (legend).

I know a knight of the realm/high court judge but I won't name him for fear that his status will plummet. Met the [now late] Sultan of Oman at some garden fete at his home near Henley-on-Thames. Sat next to Damon Albarn on a flight back from Milan - very down to earth and funny and, when I sold my flat in Maida Vale, the agent said a famous rock star was interested. Strange I thought until Gilbert bloody O'Sullivan came to look at it - famous rock star my arse!

Shared a monorail carriage in Zurich airport with George Osborne and his family when he was Chancellor. He is huge ! My "If I ever met a Tory leader face to face" bravado literally melted. What always surprised me is that he had no one with him i.e. security. He was going on a skiing holiday with his family. To be fair he doesn't need security did I mention how tall he is !

I am sure I sat next to Gary Glitter on a plane once but didn't dare ask. He didn't have his wig on.

I used to do work for Pink Floyd so have had meetings and chatted with all of them (except Rick Wright). Also worked in No10 and Chequers for 6 months between Brown and Cameron's arrival. Chatted with Liam Fox, Allistair Campbell and had a piss with Tony Blair (but we didn't speak). My wife beats all of this as she (quite obliviously) had a 5 minute conversation with Banksy when, on a hen weekend, visited his Dismaland themed show in Weston Super Mare.

Used to live in the same apartment complex as Alex Higgins in his later years.

crashing on a mates sofa once , I had to step over Vernon Kay on the way to the bog and bumped Dermot o Leary coming out of it. Quite surreal cos they weren’t there when I went to sleep!

Shared a monorail carriage in Zurich airport with George Osborne and his family when he was Chancellor. He is huge ! My "If I ever met a Tory leader face to face" bravado literally melted. What always surprised me is that he had no one with him i.e. security. He was going on a skiing holiday with his family. To be fair he doesn't need security did I mention how tall he is !

I am sure I sat next to Gary Glitter on a plane once but didn't dare ask. He didn't have his wig on.
If you fell asleep and felt sore afterwards, it was Gary.

Peter Sissons used to live around the corner from me. I bump into paul o’ Grady every now and then so assume he has a place near by
He's got (had) a flat overlooking the back yard of Tower Bridge police station (now closed) Used to chat to him now and then when I worked there (2003-2006). Really genuine bloke and very funny.

Danced with Martin Freeman to A Town Called Malice, at a Paul Weller gig. Danced with Madame Cholet at the opening of the Pentagon.

Norman Lamont blew cigarette smoke in my face in a toilet during a G7 summit. Told him where the cigarette would be inserted if he did it again. I'm not sure if my dislike of politicians and smoking stemmed from that incident.

My wife beats all of this as she (quite obliviously) had a 5 minute conversation with Banksy when, on a hen weekend, visited his Dismaland themed show in Weston Super Mare.

Considering all the secret identity effort of the guy, anyone who comes up to you and claims to be Banksy is probably not going to be the that Banksy.

I trod on Razor Ruddock's foot, and told him to get out of the fecking way. It was when he was playing for the swine, which they released him three days later. He was a right twat! Met him on The Big Breakfast when I went on a show.

That reminded me that an old university friend appeared on the Invention Corner part on Big Breakfast and I got to go along as his guest. Chatted for a few minutes with Denise Van Outen and the bigger stars that was Zig n Zag (or rather the guys who'd usually stick their hands up their backsides). Declined the invitation to speak to Gary Barlow who was the main star on that day to sing out the show.

I also technically spoke to Frank Bruno when he was asked to be the guest of honour for the opening of Gary Mason's Jewellery shop in Gillingham.

He's got (had) a flat overlooking the back yard of Tower Bridge police station (now closed) Used to chat to him now and then when I worked there (2003-2006). Really genuine bloke and very funny.
Paul O'Grady has a cottage in the country

That reminded me that an old university friend appeared on the Invention Corner part on Big Breakfast and I got to go along as his guest. Chatted for a few minutes with Denise Van Outen and the bigger stars that was Zig n Zag (or rather the guys who'd usually stick their hands up their backsides). Declined the invitation to speak to Gary Barlow who was the main star on that day to sing out the show.

I also technically spoke to Frank Bruno when he was asked to be the guest of honour for the opening of Gary Mason's Jewellery shop in Gillingham.

I was behind Gary Mason in the queue at MacDonald's Gillingham once.
I've never seen a man with such a large neck, he looked like a bull.