Name dropping (non G) Most famous person you have ever met | Page 8 | Vital Football

Name dropping (non G) Most famous person you have ever met

Seeing you mention 'Richard Hammond' and 'arrogance' (not in the same sentence or paragraph, I hasten to add!), one example of arrogance has to be Jeremy Clarkson. When I worked at the airport, he was particularly arsey with anybody who dealt with him, he really thought he was it. One time he got spectacularly shot down in flames, however, was when he was having a spat about his seat on the aircraft with one of the check-in staff. He requested to speak to a supervisor, who duly came down to deal with him. He came out with the old chestnut 'do you know who I am?' 'No' came the supervisor's reply (she did really!) Cue muffled sniggering from staff and other surrounding passengers. Priceless! Also, a friend of mine ran a car detailing company in Oxfordshire. Clarkson was one of his regular customers, and my pal said he was a particularly unpleasant individual at times.
I think the bloke comes across as a complete pr#ck. Can't stand the sight of him. Glad your anecdotal evidence backs up my suspicions.

Incredible that about a million morons signed a petition to the BBC telling them to keep him after an unprovoked assault in a member of BBC staff. A summary dismissal offence ffs.

He came out with the old chestnut 'do you know who I am?' 'No' came the supervisor's reply (she did really!)
I remember a similar incident at one of the Heathrow long term car parks. I was the lone passenger on the shuttle bus to terminal 3. As we approached the car park exit, Michael Howard sped up in his Jag and blocked the bus exit lane. After fumbling with the ticket machine, he returned to the car and spoke to his wife. The bus driver sounded his horn; after all, I had a plane to catch. At which point, Howard approached the bus - the driver opened to door. Howard said 'do you know who I am?'. The driver said 'yes an effing tosser'. Howard retreated, parked properly in the bay provided for mere mortals and we left happily. The bus driver apologised to me - I said 'no need'.