Name dropping (non G) Most famous person you have ever met | Page 4 | Vital Football

Name dropping (non G) Most famous person you have ever met

Considering all the secret identity effort of the guy, anyone who comes up to you and claims to be Banksy is probably not going to be the that Banksy.

She did not know it was him. She told me the story and I told her that Banksy had been widely reported in the park using his 'non identity' to approach people and engage them in conversation. She described the guy who approached her in the coffee queue and talked art. When he was finally exposed (photographed at the wall in Israel) J showed her the picture and said 'Who's this?'.
'The guy who talked to me.' she said.
That was good enough for me.

She did not know it was him. She told me the story and I told her that Banksy had been widely reported in the park using his 'non identity' to approach people and engage them in conversation. She described the guy who approached her in the coffee queue and talked art. When he was finally exposed (photographed at the wall in Israel) J showed her the picture and said 'Who's this?'.
'The guy who talked to me.' she said.
That was good enough for me.
If she ever bumps into Banksy again can she ask him what really happened to Robbo please.

Paul O'Grady has a cottage in the country
He does, in fact I think it's more like a farm somewhere near Ashford IIRC. He also has, or at least had a flat in Queen Elizabeth street SE1.
I'm guessing this is why SE1_Gills bumped into him on occasion.......see what I did there? 👮‍♂️
I believe he's had ties with London for some years as he used to have a regular show as Lily Savage at the Vauxhall Tavern in Kennington Lane.

He does, in fact I think it's more like a farm somewhere near Ashford IIRC. He also has, or at least had a flat in Queen Elizabeth street SE1.
I'm guessing this is why SE1_Gills bumped into him on occasion.......see what I did there? 👮‍♂️
I believe he's had ties with London for some years as he used to have a regular show as Lily Savage at the Vauxhall Tavern in Kennington Lane.
Yes he lives in Aldington, near Ashford, as do Alan Carr and Julian Clary.

Last edited:
Used to live in the same apartment complex as Alex Higgins in his later years.

crashing on a mates sofa once , I had to step over Vernon Kay on the way to the bog and bumped Dermot o Leary coming out of it. Quite surreal cos they weren’t there when I went to sleep!
Where was the complex? Hertfordshire?

Danced with Martin Freeman to A Town Called Malice, at a Paul Weller gig. Danced with Madame Cholet at the opening of the Pentagon.

Norman Lamont blew cigarette smoke in my face in a toilet during a G7 summit. Told him where the cigarette would be inserted if he did it again. I'm not sure if my dislike of politicians and smoking stemmed from that incident.
Is that from the wombles?

Clary liven in the Ian Flemings old house, i believe.

Just around the corner from where I live on the road to Dymchurch from Aldington. Alan bought julian’s House. It was Noel Coward’s in a past life, not Fleming’s although he lived locally too. O’Grady lives just around the corner.

I don't wish to trash politicians, it's a thankless job, but beware first impressions. Most of us don't get beyond the first impression because we don't inhabit that world and they anyway have an ability to seamlessly ghost from one encounter to the next. They are professional persuaders skilled in the business of impressing, convincing and gaining support.

Many years ago I spent about half an hour in the company of Merlyn Rees (one for the older members) and found him just as Nobby described Bunter. He was post politics however and so was able to be a bit more honest.

I was behind Gary Mason in the queue at MacDonald's Gillingham once.
I've never seen a man with such a large neck, he looked like a bull.

Used to live in the Walderslade/Lordswood area - used to come in to the hairdressers in Lordswood, had a crazy dog. Also had a couple of jewellery shops - one in Gillingham and one in the “in shops” in Chatham. Nice fella, popular locally and a great under-rated fighter whose eye injury sadly put pay to what would have been a great career (check out his record) - other than Lewis, probably the most talent British heavyweight of the era.

I’ve met bob Mortimer- spent an hour with him, nice chap, very quiet though.

went to Ibiza with josh widdicome- pretty dull tbh, and have had a few beers with Wayne lineker 😂

one of my mates plays at the same golf club as don Hutchinson- he’s a decent bloke but probably not famous.

it was indeed queen Elizabeth street where I saw him- he really liked meeting my dog

I'm a huge Trekky so am massively jealous that you met Nimoy. The needs of the many etc etc
Nobby. He and Yul had been filming scenes for the cowboy movie Catlow and were in a bar. Yul was incredibly charismatic and friendly but, sad to say, Nimoy was a bit of a miserable git.

But I do have an all time favourite which true Men of Kent/Kentish Men on this site will appreciate. Going down to breakfast in a London hotel I found the restaurant absolutely crammed. The waitress asked some guys at a large table if they would mind my joining them. No problem. So I shared breakfast with Alan Knott, Deadly Derek, Graham Dilley, John Shepherd and the incredible fielder Alan, who's name escapes me right now - Kent were staying in the hotel in the middle of a county game against Middlesex. Great chat with them!

Used to live in the Walderslade/Lordswood area - used to come in to the hairdressers in Lordswood, had a crazy dog. Also had a couple of jewellery shops - one in Gillingham and one in the “in shops” in Chatham. Nice fella, popular locally and a great under-rated fighter whose eye injury sadly put pay to what would have been a great career (check out his record) - other than Lewis, probably the most talent British heavyweight of the era.
I knew Gary very well , he was a real character, played poker with him, went out socially with him, sat up the hospital all night after his fight with Lewis, great man, ran a pretty successful security firm around the hospitals in south London before his accident that ended his life. Christ I miss that man.