More Whispers or Rumours | Page 3 | Vital Football

More Whispers or Rumours

CuckFan - 15/7/2017 18:29

It's been fairly quiet on the striker front, and much more effort on the 'get a winger in'. I wonder if that means some sort of agreement is already in place for the striker we clearly need. And if that's the case, why the delay?

So many questions over why a striker isn't already here; and the focus on wingers.

Cuckfan promotes terrorism, extremism and ignorance.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-liverpool-defender-manquillo-nothing-11851632

Even more insightful

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2676861-javier-manquillo-former-liverpool-loanee-now-treading-water-with-sunderland

The links are picking up again. This time another left back in Riza Durmisi. He plays for Real Betis, is Albanian but plays for Denmark at international level.

I hate to admit this but CF has nailed it.

* It maybe a bang bus but technically it's still a bus....

You can see the class from these players oozing out.

A winger not good enough for the championship.
A defender from a dreadful Spanish team.
A defender from a relegated Mackem team.
A promising winger who nobody else wanted.

It's all looking rosy, especially as they've now spent the Thauvin money with no need to dip into the £150million or so reserve from TV money and other recent sales. Top work by all involved.

Officemonkey - 18/7/2017 18:47

It's all looking rosy, especially as they've now spent the Thauvin money with no need to dip into the £150million or so reserve from TV money and other recent sales. Top work by all involved.

You don't support NUFC so it's not really your concern.

Stage 1:

Get the players in, at least two in each position, that can do a job. This adds balance, and some depth. If all 11 places on the pitch are covered, you'll stay up.

Stage 2:

With each transfer window, strengthen the two weakest areas on the pitch. Very soon, the team will be good enough to compete at the upper levels.

We're at Stage 1. And will be all this window, and the January one, too.

Stage 2, starts next summer.

Not rocket science.

Gillyboat - 18/7/2017 18:54

Officemonkey - 18/7/2017 18:47

You don't support NUFC so it's not really your concern.

Do you have my posts on notification? It's strange, sad even, how you always pop up with the same inane comments whenever I post.

You'd be hard put to find a worse right-back than Anita. It wasn't his position anyway.

Also Goofy was out of his depth in the Prem and found his level in the Chumpionshit, so straight away two of those signings are better than what we had. Even if one played for Sunderland when they went down. So did Defoe.

As for a centre-back, we were one short anyway, so have filled that slot.

It's forward movement, no matter had you try to dress it up. And fuck me, do you like to dress things up.

CuckFan - 18/7/2017 19:01

Stage 1:

Get the players in, at least two in each position, that can do a job. This adds balance, and some depth. If all 11 places on the pitch are covered, you'll stay up.

Stage 2:

With each transfer window, strengthen the two weakest areas on the pitch. Very soon, the team will be good enough to compete at the upper levels.

Not rocket science.

I hope you don't take this personally and start whining about the lack of debate on this forum CF,but could you please explain/debate why after a decade of Ashley's ownership you consider this as stage 1 ?

PieMag - 18/7/2017 20:07

CuckFan - 18/7/2017 19:01

Stage 1:

Stage 2:

Not rocket science.

I hope you don't take this personally and start whining about the lack of debate on this forum CF,but could you please explain/debate why after a decade of Ashley's ownership you consider this as stage 1 ?

Or more importantly, why didn't Ashley consider stage 1 back at the start of his ownership?

Im guessing the same reason applies now as to then but he's got 'cleverer' in hiding the fact although the likes of Rafa are questioning it. Will only be one winner if the fatman isn't selling us.

As far as I can remember toony it was only Keegan who really asked the questions about Ashley before walking.

Rafa is currently busy spending the clubs money on players that have potential resell value but no proven pedigree.

If I didn't know better I would accuse him of following Mikes blueprint to the letter.

Aren't we 10 years into the 5 year plan. Or 10 years into the 6th different 5 year plan.

Seems to me that it just gets made up on the spot. Rafa is just the latest person who appears to be going along with it and that's what is disappointing.

Stage 1 should've been completed after the 1st season.