More Whispers or Rumours | Page 2 | Vital Football

More Whispers or Rumours

Heard nothing on the sale recently, but the lack of any activity, would point towards it still being on-going.

Fatty wont allow spend, if he can grab as much as possible, by putting stumbling blocks in front of any deal.

Running the risk of losing Benitez, is the gamble he seems prepared to take.

Does window still shut at end of August????

daftladguy - 13/7/2017 17:25

Heard nothing on the sale recently, but the lack of any activity, would point towards it still being on-going.

Fatty wont allow spend, if he can grab as much as possible, by putting stumbling blocks in front of any deal.

Running the risk of losing Benitez, is the gamble he seems prepared to take.

Does window still shut at end of August????

Window does shut at the end of August but there's talk that Rafa will deliver an ultimatum at the end of July if business is still slow.

It's one of two things. Rafa keeps going to Ashley for reassurance over control Ashley says he has it then does as he's done before and undermines him by not pulling the trigger on deals or putting low offers in. Or it's just that Rafa's complicit in the usual Ashley fraud and he's craftier about it than Pardew and Kinnear. If it's the former Benitez can't keep threatening to leave and not. If it's the latter he'll still be in charge come the close of the window.

As for the sale if it's as rumoured and it was Chinese interest I can't see how that's possible with the recent government clampdown on money going out of the country.

Im also sceptical about a takeover holding things up because surely any potential buyer would want momentum to grow, not threaten to rip the place up.

I think the answer is much more straight forward, than the multiples of conspiracy theories.

And here it is: Drum roll please.........

It's a tough market, because prices are very inflated due to the money in the game for TV rights.

I know - shocking isn't it. Rafa and the club might actually, be right.

Let me put it another way, so that it makes sense to the hoard of knicker-wetters on here (that's you OM, PieMag, Keggy); You go into a bar, and it usually £2.50 a pint there.
You walk in one day, and it's now £5. Do you question it, or not?

CuckFan - 13/7/2017 21:43

I think the answer is much more straight forward, than the multiples of conspiracy theories.

And here it is: Drum roll please.........

It's a tough market, because prices are very inflated due to the money in the game for TV rights.

I know - shocking isn't it. Rafa and the club might actually, be right.

Let me put it another way, so that it makes sense to the hoard of knicker-wetters on here (that's you OM, PieMag, Keggy); You go into a bar, and it usually £2.50 a pint there.
You walk in one day, and it's now £5. Do you question it, or not?

I'd almost be convinced you were working for Ashley but even he would want someone smarter than you. You make Joe Kinnear look reasoned and sane. It's also good to know I'm off ignore again, you must be tapping that ignore button like a fucking woodpecker at a tree trunk. You should keep track, try writing it down i'm sure you've a crayon somewhere that Mumsy hasn't confiscated.

I'll indulge you a little futher fucknugget. Your analogy doesn't work. Why ?

Is the bar a new bar to the area (like we are to the league) ? Are the staff unproven when it comes to the rigours of working in a busy bar ? Are the rest of the bars around your bar more established in the area , getting better and more varied drinks as well as staff who can pour more drinks , clear glasses and keep the paying punters happy ? Is the licencee selling the best spirits out the back door , keeping the money for himself and then replacing them with counterfeit spirits ? Is the bar manager turning a blind eye to this to line his pockets too ? Or are his mates in the bookies right when they say if things don't change he's gonna walk ?

Too complex for you ?

I'll simplify . If it's that tough a market how come nearly every other club in the league is progressing with signings ? Maybe it's not that tough of a market after all .

Wasn't a drum roll it was more of a solo , by a shite drummer in a prog rock band like Genesis and everyone fucked off to the bar. Maybe that's why Cuckwit used the shitty bar analogy ?

Toon_NoMatterWot - 13/7/2017 13:10

Jacob Murphy link has been intensified with talk that we've increased an offer based on Murphy hoying in a transfer request. Boyhood Toon fan apparently.

I feel sorry for this kid in advance if he does sign.

He's one for lining Ashley's pockets in the future but our support is that desperate for any signing they might lose sight of the facts and expect something that is not there.

He's still learning.

Toon_NoMatterWot - 13/7/2017 21:29

Im also sceptical about a takeover holding things up because surely any potential buyer would want momentum to grow, not threaten to rip the place up.

Depends how serious about a takeover they are.

If, they want to negotiate as tight a deal as possible, at as low a cost as possible, and fatty wants to pay as little tax on his sale, reduce the debt to him, using transfer fund, built up over time, and cost to buy is lower all round.

If he wanted a quick sale, he would be gone by now,

OR

He is selling us a herring, and nothing has changed, and for all Rafa's quotes, he is now part of the problem, if that's the case, I would be surprised, and see him off once it becomes a bit more obvious.

Ashley's only remit last year, after lucking out in Rafa staying was to get back into the premiership, where the big dough is, the fact that all player prices have risen in line with TV money, is his downfall, for relegation in the first place.

Serves the fat **** right.

Completely agree - if the fat cuntroller had invested (relatively) small amounts of money in previous seasons, he'd have been reaping the rewards from it, season after season.

Pretty sure we've mentioned Diego Rolán before but noises last night had him meeting us yesterday. Uruguayan media apparently had a bit on it but looking at his stats, he doesn't come across as the big striker we need.

Unless Batysuai comes in on loan later on. :3:

It's been fairly quiet on the striker front, and much more effort on the 'get a winger in'. I wonder if that means some sort of agreement is already in place for the striker we clearly need. And if that's the case, why the delay?

So many questions over why a striker isn't already here; and the focus on wingers.