MoN OUT | Page 21 | Vital Football

MoN OUT

As you've just said, actually I do think he knows what it takes to get out of this division.

25 years ago maybe, football has moved on and he's shown a complete inability to adapt tactically. As for his motivation skills...

Why on earth would you want to see our most creative talented players further marginalised or sold and units brought in to replace them?

Are you up for a season of irrelevant long ball shite? Saddling the next manager with an awful irrelevant squad.

He hasn't done anything wrong Pope, I just dont think hes good enough any more for a promotion challenge. Much like Watson. We need better.
I'm not sure we have seen anything that says he isn't good enough.

We need him to clean up in front of defence while someone else gets forward. What makes you think he can't do that?

He isn't as good at it as Colback, but Colback is probably the best DCM in the Championship.

Nothing wrong with Yacob- it's been the players behind him and to the sides of him that have been the problem.

As for not good enough, we're watching the blunts going up after selling their best player and led by two 'rejects' of ours...

A very dubious interpretation of the word.

McGoldrick in an interview recently has admitted that at Forest he didn't try hard enough. He realised that managers had been warned off him when he was trying to find a new club after Ipswich.

25 years ago maybe, football has moved on and he's shown a complete inability to adapt tactically. As for his motivation skills...

Why on earth would you want to see our most creative talented players further marginalised or sold and units brought in to replace them?

Are you up for a season of irrelevant long ball shite? Saddling the next manager with an awful irrelevant squad.

Nothing to say that's his intention though CP.
I've already put up with that type of football from Davies, not convinced that that is what we would get from MON with his own players in.
We already have a pretty awful squad imo.

All irrelevant though, as I have no doubt our owner will pull the trigger anyway, so you will get your wish. Always thought you supported the manager and were an advocate for giving someone time to build ?
MON deserves more time than a few months.

I'll give you a prediction of what happens when they sack MON at the end of the season.
1. We spend weeks/months appointing a new one.
2. Listen to all the crap about patience and long term vision, knowing it will all go out the window within a couple of months.
3. New boss wants time to access current squad.
4. Pre season starts with virtually no new players in yet, and hardly any of the dross having left yet.
5. Everyone on here, calling for MON head, starts moaning about lack of signings and progress. Despite knowing that this would be the case.
6. Last minute, over priced, average players finally arrive, but need time to gel, as haven't had a full pre season.
7. Everyone moaning because of lack of planning, forgetting they all called for it in the first place.

How do we know this? Because it's the same every fucking year......
All true but MoN staying will be even worse. He is A busted flush. Shame but that's the way it is.

I've already put up with that type of football from Davies, not convinced that that is what we would get from MON with his own players in.

All irrelevant though, as I have no doubt our owner will pull the trigger anyway, so you will get your wish. Always thought you supported the manager and were an advocate for giving someone time to build ?
Wow.

Wow? Not sure what you mean by that? The facts are that it's been something like 12 seasons since we last started and finished the season with the same manager? That's embarrassing and surely proof enough to anyone, that that strategy isn't working for us?
Its costing us a fortune, continually rebuilding the squad every single summer, then trying to do it again in January. Surely at some point we have to try something different? Whether everyone likes the manager or not.

Wow? Not sure what you mean by that? The facts are that it's been something like 12 seasons since we last started and finished the season with the same manager? That's embarrassing and surely proof enough to anyone, that that strategy isn't working for us?
Its costing us a fortune, continually rebuilding the squad every single summer, then trying to do it again in January. Surely at some point we have to try something different? Whether everyone likes the manager or not.
Then maybe we should get rid of MoN before his ‘rebuild’ sets us back even further. And after that maybe for the first time in far too long we can appoint someone that’s worth keeping for more than a season.

Then maybe we should get rid of MoN before his ‘rebuild’ sets us back even further. And after that maybe for the first time in far too long we can appoint someone that’s worth keeping for more than a season.
I can’t really add anything else to that, Hardy.

I always have been and fundamentally agree that a manager needs time to mold a squad into their image.

The trouble is I believe his image now is ultimately redundant and will end up marginalising the talented players we do possess, harming the development of our younger players and leave us saddled with a squad of athletes who can barely kick a ball.

He'll be replaced by Christmas and all the work AK had begun thoroughly undone. Our squad imbalanced with the next manager thoroughly hamstrung.

Villa wouldn't have him back.
Sunderland wouldn't have him back.
Ireland wouldn't have him back.

There's an ember of hope in this squad for the first time in years, I want it nurtured, not snuffed out.

And why would you think we would do that, when we haven't stood by a manager for the last 12 or so seasons? What makes you think it will be any different? The owners sterling record in standing by managers in Greece?
What you really mean is, until we hit upon a manager you like, then you will get all afronted when he gets sacked and start complaining about the owner then, forgetting that you were no different when it was someone you didn't like.
Hypocrites.

And why would you think we would do that, when we haven't stood by a manager for the last 12 or so seasons? What makes you think it will be any different? The owners sterling record in standing by managers in Greece?
What you really mean is, until we hit upon a manager you like, then you will get all afronted when he gets sacked and start complaining about the owner then, forgetting that you were no different when it was someone you didn't like.
Hypocrites.
I’m not speaking for Basha, this is me. I want him gone because he’s shit. I also want him gone so he can’t get his own type of players in, because that will be an absolute nightmare.

A very dubious interpretation of the word.

McGoldrick in an interview recently has admitted that at Forest he didn't try hard enough. He realised that managers had been warned off him when he was trying to find a new club after Ipswich.

I didn't say anything about why he was a reject but what exactly makes you think we wanted him to stay?

Hypocrites.
I understand your feelings Hardy, but it's very difficult to blindly support a manager who isn't giving you any hope to cling too. I can't actually think of a single positive that O'Neill has brought to the team. I don't like his selections, the footballs bad, the results are worse, even the initial rise in workrate has dropped off again.
I'm an advocate of keeping managers and giving them time. In this instance I can't see time for MoN doing anything positive for the club. He won't build on what AK had got showing some promise, he's going to rip it all apart. And that's a crying shame.

So you think this squad capable of winning promotion then Mappred? Because I think very few of this squad are. Of the players AK brought in, Lolley, Grabban and Carvhalo are worth keeping, possibly a fit Dawson and Geddy as squad players.
erm

Erm, this squad was 1pts off the play offs, hard to beat and capable of scoring goal. No we're mid table fodder who cannot score for toffee.

Had AK still been in charge I am sure we'd be on more points, higher up the table and still within a shout if the play offs.

MoN has taken us backwards and should not be given any time and money to further damage the club's footballing potential