MoN OUT | Page 16 | Vital Football

MoN OUT

Jacob really isn't that good, it's just in comparison to Watson he seems ok. He's slow, limited in passing and is a really unnecessary inferior duplication of Colback.
Have to disagree, he is the best defensive midfielder under contract after the end of the season and a better passer than all but one midflelder (in my opinion)

Because that's not an opinion posters are allowed to have on Vital...
Don't listen to the twats.

It gets very lonely here if it feels like everyone sees it differently. Especially when some of the real cretins on here pipe up.

Your opinion is valued and worth a lot on here- a hell of a lot more than some of the people who are criticising you for speaking your mind

My views have shifted based on what I have seen, and I don't agree with you. I still enjoy reading your opinions, which are always detailed and well informed.

It gets very lonely here if it feels like everyone sees it differently. Especially when some of the real cretins on here pipe up.

Your opinion is valued and worth a lot on here- a hell of a lot more than some of the people who are criticising you for speaking your mind

My views have shifted based on what I have seen, and I don't agree with you. I still enjoy reading your opinions, which are always detailed and well informed.
Twat

I have no problem with you, Pope. We may disagree, but that's the point of a forum.

I'm old and gnarled enough not to care too much when folk insult me for disagreeing with them, but I suspect there are others who feel it's not worth posting in case they get howled down. It's a pity as the forum then becomes a clique who all think that if you say "MON is a dinosaur" often enough it becomes true (as Bobby Larsson would say, FACT).

Always easy to label people who don’t agree with you cretins and twats but that goes both ways.

The majority view of a situation is just that. It’s an Internet forum not a clique or conspiracy.
Cretins and twats are the people who are treating Pebble like shit and like he is not a fan just because he has a different opinion. There are two, with one particular cretin having stalked me for about a year

And if that is aimed at me, I don't recall having any kind of discourse with Pebble. Thats not because he's knocking on, it's because I can't be bothered.

Pebble, I'm older and certainly more gnarled than you and I really don't mind your posts even when I disagree with them, which is quite often. But you have hit the nail on the head, IT'S A FORUM. And I do find your posts interesting, that's why I read them.

:thumbup:

Well theres a shift Popey, because 2 weeks ago it was me and CP. Today its CP and his Invincible account (i'm guessing).

I reserve my vitriol for old lying f***s and people with disabled lips.

I’m not totally opposed to his style of play as I think there is definitely a place for passing but mixing that with a more direct style sometimes definitely has merits. I also think using corners & especially long throws as a chance to score goals is something we should absolutely be doing.

We aren’t doing either though & MON’s football is a simple game philosophy is not working with our players who look lost, confused or disinterested. That last one is the biggest worry for me. I’ve said this every 6 months or so, it’s really not worth getting worked up about who the manager is as give it 6 months & it’ll be someone else anyway.

I’m surprised he’s not been given the boot already but away at the Blunts who’ll be looking for a reaction against our disorganised apathetic team could be the final nail.

I’ve lost my fact-checker account details so can’t log in but how does MON’s start compare with other managers?

Well theres a shift Popey, because 2 weeks ago it was me and CP. Today its CP and his Invincible account (i'm guessing).

I reserve my vitriol for old lying f***s and people with disabled lips.

I don't like seeing other members of this forum getting hammered or their support/ sanity/ intelligence questioned because they don't agree with a mainstream opinion.

Pebble is one of the best posters here, but he's another that will be lost if nob heads who's posts aren't even worth reading have their way. And no, I'm not talking about you or CP

Pebble, I'm older and certainly more gnarled than you and I really don't mind your posts even when I disagree with them, which is quite often. But you have hit the nail on the head, IT'S A FORUM. And I do find your posts interesting, that's why I read them.

:thumbup:

Exactly - all views welcome, that's the whole point of it being a forum.

My only issue surrounds the inevitable degradation into insults.

I really wanted MON (& RK) to succeed, I've always advocated consistency and stability and thought we were going in the right direction.

OK, I get that MON wants to experiment with the squad in the remaining games, but it's unfair on the players and more specifically the fans, who have turned out in large numbers all season to do so at the expense of results.

The squad appears to lack fitness and the tinkering with players and their positions just makes it easy for the opposition, with players unsure where they are playing - it is almost disrespecting the fans and it is on that premise that I'm struggling to rationalise the decision making, selections & substitutions.

I didn't leave, but got up & went for a few pints after their first - very nearly went when the went 2-0 up.

Last 'Saturday' home game of the season, we could have tried to end the season on a high - with some momentum for next year, but the attendance was c2000 lower and fans are voting with their feet.