MoN OUT | Page 18 | Vital Football

MoN OUT

Slicker !!! ... Carvalho barely touched the ball and when he did, or he miscontrolled it or he passed it to a Blackburn player.... when fellas in here are going to stop mentioning this Carvalho as the new Ronaldo or Messi .... he is a similar player to Dowell, no more no less ... at least for the last one we jut paid a loan fee only and when his form dropped not many were saying that without him we will miss promotion.
There are a number of players that I think should be given more game time to prove themselves, but for me the Portugese experiment failed ... come the end of the season, not one of them will be left ...those on loan will leave and those on contract will go out on loan ....
The first thing he did was to play a lovely little deft touch to Lolley. He knits everything together and his vision and awareness creates space for himself and others. If you don't see what he brings to the team, then you don't understand football. He has a great understanding with Grabban and its criminal to not play them together!

Last edited:
Another player that MON has dropped like a stone

I don't think he's been given a chance, but he's a loanee - so, perhaps MON is focussing on using Grabban, Murphy & Ansarifard to keep them happy.

Although, you'd then expect => Gueddy, Milosevic, Yacob, Loony etc to get game time.

I've given up trying to work out the tictacs & ethos!

I don't think he's been given a chance, but he's a loanee - so, perhaps MON is focussing on using Grabban, Murphy & Ansarifard to keep them happy.

Although, you'd then expect => Gueddy, Milosevic, Yacob, Loony etc to get game time.

Yeah, i know, nothing he does makes any sense!

Maybe that's how he picks the team. Write the players names on Tic-tacs, shake the box and see which ones fall out first. Roy has snaffled a few sneaky mints, which explains why some good players never even make the squad.

The first thing he did was to play a lovely little deft touch to Lolley. He knits everything together and his vision and awareness creates space for himself and others. If you don't see what he brings to the team, then you don't understand football. He has a great understanding with Grabban and its criminal to not play them together!
Marlow I think I understand a bit of football...played it nd have coaching badges...in todays footballing world there are a lot of skillful players...nd they dont cost 15 million to buy, there problem is that they r not consistent...meaning they cant do it for a long period of time on week by week basis.
I had the pleasure to watch every game this season nd I can summerize Carvs performances as a photocopy to what Dowell did last year, infact I have to say that Dowell scored even more goals.
What impresses many is the body movement of the boy...he makes u think that he is going to do something out of this world, but from December onwards these moves produced almost nothing...apart from a wonder goal v Hull...is that enough?...maybe for some /many it is...for me its not ....with the midfield that we have we cannot afford passengers nd hoping for that moment of brilliance...

Marlow I think I understand a bit of football...played it nd have coaching badges...in todays footballing world there are a lot of skillful players...nd they dont cost 15 million to buy, there problem is that they r not consistent...meaning they cant do it for a long period of time on week by week basis.
I had the pleasure to watch every game this season nd I can summerize Carvs performances as a photocopy to what Dowell did last year, infact I have to say that Dowell scored even more goals.
What impresses many is the body movement of the boy...he makes u think that he is going to do something out of this world, but from December onwards these moves produced almost nothing...apart from a wonder goal v Hull...is that enough?...maybe for some /many it is...for me its not ....with the midfield that we have we cannot afford passengers nd hoping for that moment of brilliance...
You can't compare Dowell last season to Carv fairly. Dowell's season nosedived after November and was a waste of space in the second half. Joao has not been given the chance to carry on impressing since O'Neill turned up and not had any game time with Grabban, who he has an almost telepathic understanding with. Yes he needs to improve his physicality, but that will only happen if he plays games and he is only just 22. His lack if minutes under MON is criminal!

You can't compare Dowell last season to Carv fairly. Dowell's season nosedived after November and was a waste of space in the second half. Joao has not been given the chance to carry on impressing since O'Neill turned up and not had any game time with Grabban, who he has an almost telepathic understanding with. Yes he needs to improve his physicality, but that will only happen if he plays games and he is only just 22. His lack if minutes under MON is criminal!
Couldn't agree more.

We should be building the entire team around him. He is going to be a superb player

Some of us said the football would be shit when he was appointed (while hoping to be proved wrong), some came round to that realization through watching the games. You seem to be the only one left clinging to a preconception.
they did it with Billy for the last ten years. lol