MK Dons | Page 2 | Vital Football

MK Dons

• Thread starter Deleted member 11413
  • Start date
Jeffs right
Can't understand why James is not playing again

James has only made 1 match day squad since February. There's something odd going on there considering the number of times we've been told there's a fully fit squad to choose from.

I think that once either James or Elder hasn't made the first XI, then their chances of making the bench are slim. Power's earmarked as stand-in RB & Perkins as stand-in LB. The bench is all about options - different types of player, but providing cover for just about every position on the pitch.

Jacobs had a very good game. He played more central with his positioning and cut inside more. Hope to see him play like that regulalry.(motm for me). Grigg and Powell were excellent too. Walton, power and elder were very poor for me.

That performance from mk dons was the worst i've seen this season, i didn't think i'd see a worse performance from a team since we played Plymouth early this season.(Fair a play too them they've progressed at a rapid rate). I'll be surprised if the dons stay up.

Jacobs had a very good game. He played more central with his positioning and cut inside more. Hope to see him play like that regulalry.(motm for me). Grigg and Powell were excellent too. Walton, power and elder were very poor for me.

That performance from mk dons was the worst i've seen this season, i didn't think i'd see a worse performance from a team since we played Plymouth early this season.(Fair a play too them they've progressed at a rapid rate). I'll be surprised if the dons stay up.

"Walton, power and elder were very poor". Really? I mean you could argue they were poor (personally I don't think they were) but very poor??

Walton did nowt wrong, Elder was poor (as was Morsy) for their goal, and Power? ......did fine ....... but the key thing I disagree on was your view Victor on the performance of MK Dons.

"That performance from mk dons was the worst i've seen this season" ?! Really? For a good part of the first half, - and the start of the second - they looked threatening, their No 10 was always a handful, and they could have snatched at least another. Their nos 6 & 11 looked decent in midfield too.

A bit harsh (in my opinion).

On that bit I agree with Vic, I don't think they were that great. We scored 5, could conceivably have been eight. I think the stage of the season brought a bit of pressure into our game and for a while in the stands, but over 90 mins it was comprehensive victory and they looked like a team destined for the drop.

MIW that clown in front of the East Stand was the worst official i have ever seen. He was completely useless and seemed in a world of his own most of the time. He gave a few offsides because their players appealed he wasn't even paying attention to the play. Their goal came from a knee high foul on Byrne right infront of him. He gave them a throw in.
In the 2nd half he flagged one of our players offside as they attempted a back pass. He missed an elbow into Morsys face from 2 yards and gave a throw in to them. Taking officiating to a new low.

On walton, i rate him. Today i felt the only shot on target he let in, maybe i forgot a save or two as they were so toothless going forwards. It wasn't the best of strikes, not much power or angle and along the floor. In a different situation that could of cost us, haven't seen the goals back so could of been a better strike then in real time.

Elder, not good going forward and he can't defend. He's involved in a lot of goals that go against us, two against southampton, was all over the place vs portsmouth. Today he continued to lack quality when defending. Our recent run of 4 league wins i thought he was showing improvements, but maybe that was just masked by very decent team performances. I like his team work and his understanding of a lack of technical ability, he moves the ball on quickly to more gifted players. But when it comes down to it he struggles in key situations.

Max, was too lazy defensively for me today and miss hit a lot of passes.

Mk dons, we're really slow to close down and even slower to get forward, we wont have an easier game then today this season, we played well but they made it easy for us. Their style reminded me of Caldwells at chesterfield. I will be very impressed if they stay up.

Victor:
Walton letting in a goal doesn't mean he was "very poor" ..... it just means that a shot that was outside his reach went in the net.

Re Elder, I think ......well, it doesn't really matter what I think ....... I just disagree with you ...... unless of course, you're measuring against a perfect performance. .

At times, their decision making was poor .......as was their execution ...... but they had the chances to score at least a couple more today. That said, they didn't ....... and given the (few) number of goals they've scored, compared to the (significant) number conceded, they're down there. Doesn't mean they don't create and threaten.......... and they did ........ for part of the game.

Thank goodness we have 9 other quality players who are more consistent that Elder and Massey.

When Massey is off, it's like playing with 10 men and when Elder is off it costs us goals, thats a big difference.

We keep asking why he Massey starts, but we know and PC has said it, that he doesn't like to change up the team, especially a winning team or a team that performed the week before. And PC thought we didn't do much wrong against Portsmouth so I expected Massey to start.

I agree Walton did not have a poor game, nor was he great. It was a poor effort to make the save for their goal and his command of the 6 yard box was questionable at times, but he had nowt much to do.
I didn't think Elder was poor either, but it was a poor effort to prevent the shot for their goal.
I can see Powers limitations, but he was not poor yesterday, he did his job pretty much as scripted.
MKD were rubbish without question, we gifted them a goal and they never looked like scoring otherwise.
I will add the linesman in front of the West stand to the list of crap officials. I'm certain he was blind, he couldn't have missed the handball in the area from Powells cross otherwise, among other questionable decisions.

One thing that was noticeable today. The difference in ability between Power and Morsy. Sam is just light years ahead of Max. Agreed on MK, thought were a decent team. We were just absolutely superb especially in that second half.

One thing that was noticeable today. The difference in ability between Power and Morsy. Sam is just light years ahead of Max. Agreed on MK, thought were a decent team. We were just absolutely superb especially in that second half.

Correct and I dont know anyone who has said otherwise.
Max has done the business this season as well.

Although if Power had left that ball go past him like Morsey did for their goal, and then nearly the same thing shortly afterwards, he would have been labelled as dross

So Morsy makes one small error in an otherwise superb display and know nowts line up to castigate him....as if they are looking for something, anything to vent obvious dislike of a player we really are fortunate to have. So very sad.

Can someone please explain to me - if Massey was so poor yesterday why did Sam Morsy tweeted “Superb hatrick by @WillGrigg and what a performance by gav da massey @Gavinmassey92 ????“