Millers injury news... | Page 3 | Vital Football

Millers injury news...

30/12/20
Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - some good news... latest Millers player tested for Covid hasn't got the virus. Presumably somebody not included in the squad last night.

31/12/20
Paul Davis (Advertiser ) Twitter - Crooks, A.MacDonald and Jones now out of isolation, and back in training. Not fit enough for a full game yet though.

06/01/21
Warney press conference today. Robertson and Gratton have been "running on the grass" - ie doing light training. All the others are behind them in the recovery queue with Mattock being at the end of it. More details on RUFC Official site

08/01/21
Leon Wobschall (Y.Post) Twitter - Robertson in training today, S. MacDonald (I think) resumes on Monday. Ogbene and Sadlier not back in training until two weeks after that. Mattock unlikely to be back before March.

My comments - so doubts over whether Mattock will be in the named "25 " for second half of season? We desperately need a left back, but no progress reported on any new signings

We do need a left-back, desperately, I agree, Mike. But if we get one I'm wondering if he'd have to isolate for ten days before he could play? If that's so then we need to get one sooner rather than later.

09/01/21

Ladapo not in the squad for our FA Cup game today due to a groin strain. A pity, because he may have made a difference. Match commentators said that A.MacDonald looked like he was badly hurt during the match, but he got up eventually and carried on playing, so let's hope that he is ok.

He was on his front and about five physio's came on and gently, after a while, rolled him onto his back holding his neck - I feared the worse but then he got up and played.

11/01/21
Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - Freddie Ladapo was scheduled to be back in training today (Monday).
My comment - Let's hope all has gone well

17/01/21
Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter
Harding, Wood, and Lindsay all picked up knocks in Derby County game. May be fit for our next game though.

20/01/21
Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - Ogbene and Sadlier now scheduled to be back in training over next couple of days. Jozefzoon absent due to illness yesterday (Don't think it is Covid)

23/01/21

Mickel Miller's loan debut for Northampton Town lasted just 35 minutes. He went off with a suspected hamstring injury.
Also, just been watching some old Mickel Miller clips on YouTube - he doesn't appear to be playing out wide in any of them, so why have we been playing him there ?:unsure:
Probably because of the injuries to our other wingers/ wing-backs and we just didn't have anybody else? He is not big enough to be a lead-the-line centre forward, but he's not really a wide player either. He was never going to fit into 4-5-1, although may be ok in 4-4-2 , 4-4-1-1 , 3-5-2, etc., behind/alongside the main striker. I can understand why he wanted to go out on loan , but sadly it hasn't brought him any luck

Last edited:
It hasn't has it. It seems to be a Rotherham 'thing' about bringing players in and then changing their position - we brought Rob Scott as a striker, paid him striker wages and made him into a defender. And didn't we once loan a goalkeeper from Leeds and ended up playing him on the wing when we ran out of other subs????

RUFC Official site - recent Millers training game involved the whole main squad, except Ogbene, Sadlier and Mattock.

Ladapo, Robertson, S. MacDonald, Proctor, Tilt, Johansson and Vickers all featured , plus youngsters Cooper and Hull (Gratton not mentioned). All who played completed the game with no problems. Proctor has not been named in our "25", but the others who played should now be available for selection.

Last edited: