Millers injury news... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Millers injury news...

07/11/20
Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - Jamal Blackman has returned to his parent club, Chelsea, for treatment of his ankle injury. May not be back before end of "International break"

I heard/read that Blackman is on paternity leave. So getting his ankle treated at Chelsea is no hardship but presumably, however his ankle is, he'll not be back for a fortnight. Hope he's not another (S Mac) who's injury may have been made worse by playing on.

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter : Sadlier - "rolled" ankle and is likely to be out for 2-3 weeks. Let's hope that we can get a few players "patched up" during the international break

Last edited:
Just been announced on BBC Radio Sheffield - Mattock going to be out for another two or three weeks with his hamstring injury from two matches ago

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter -
Billy Jones out another 2-3 weeks due to knee injury, also no date now being put on Blackman likely return (if he does return, that is)
:(

I'm thinking Blackman will return only because it's been said somewhere (may Advertiser or Star or Yorkshire Post) that we can't add to our twenty-five players and I think if Blackman wasn't coming back we would be able too?

19/11/209
Presenter on Radio Sheffield has just said that Blackman is back and has been in training, so has Billy Jones. No idea if that means that they are "match fit". No news on the other injured players.
Also Warney interview on RUFC Official Twitter . From what he said, it sounds like Mattock may not have recovered from injury yet, and Sadlier needs surgery and will be out until February

Last edited:
Other Millers fans websites saying Ladapo was out today due to a groin injury. If true, it can only have been done in training :confused:. Let's hope he recovers soon, because Hirst up front on his own, isn't going to lead to any goals for us

I understand he didn't train Tuesday but trained Thursday and was sore with a hip problem on Friday (whether he trained on Friday or not I don't know). He is supposed to be going to be OK for Tuesday as is Richard Wood (who pulled up in training with something and Mattock should be OK too for Tuesday.

30/11/20
Paul Davis (Advertiser ) Twitter - Ihiekwe definitely out for next game, Olosunde and Wood chances of playing are "slim"

08/12/20

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - Mattock could be out for two to three months following ankle injury last Saturday (needs surgery).

12/12/20
Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - Mickel Miller is ill (unspecified problem) , but should have recovered before next Millers game

16/12/20
Paul Davis(Advertiser ) Twitter - Mickel Miller has been back in training and should be ok for tonight. Trevor Clarke is out due to a back injury in training, but should be fit for Saturday.