Millers injury news... | Page 5 | Vital Football

Millers injury news...

Didn't Man U play a 16 year old the other day? Or was that in Europe? I don't really know what the rules state, Mike.
The "25 man" squad rules don't apply to English Cup competitions. Think players need to be registered at start of season to play in European competitions.
Think "Youth" players can be played in English League games, so Man. Utd. may have done that, but don't know what "cut off" age is- 18? 21?

Last edited:
Well, there used to be something about U24's when you were selling them on but I don't know exactly what it is now and if it still is that. The rule book isn't really that easy to understand as it seems to contradict itself so I gave up!

Seems like, should we play our fixture against Coventry City next weekend, then the 'four or five' who tested positive for Covid will not be involved.

TIMEWARP TIME... INJURY BLASTS FROM THE PAST...

Just come across an old Football League Review from 1967/8 (Vol 2, no 31). Fans had been polled nationally about the Football League's most unlucky players regarding injuries... Ian Callaghan of Liverpool topped the poll, but also on there in 3rd position was Allan Gilliver (whilst with Blackburn Rovers). A Blackburn fan wrote " He only had nine senior games and he had to have a back operation". The Millers signed him, not long afterwards, at the end of that season! Colin Viljoen (then at Ipswich Town) is also on the list in 5th place!
Some things never seem to change...

Additional - Allan Gilliver's cousin , Mick, was in the same year as me at Aston as a young teenager. Unlike Allan, he was only fairly little, and although I can remember him playing cricket, I don't think that he was particularly interested in football back then. Can't remember him ever being off school due to injury though!

Last edited:
11/03/21

Carlisle manager Chris Beech has been quoted in the Carlisle local press today as saying that Kayode's ankle injury is not as bad as first thought, but he wll not be fit enough to play this weekend

Last edited:
Let's hope his 'not as bad as first thought' is a bit different from the Millers' 'not as bad as first thought' which often ends up being worse.

17/03/21

Ritchie Baker just said on Radio Sheffield that Wiles was substituted last night because he had a tight hamstring, and was taken off as a precautiion

01/04/21

5.55pm BBC Radio Sheffield has just announced that Ogbene and Lindsay are back in the MIllers squad for the game tomorrow at Millwall.

6.50 pm Update -Warney has just confirmed the above, and said that Ogbene was a bit "rusty", but had scored a goal in a training match. Mattock has been doing running exercises , and will join the main squad for full training over the next few days. Robertson has also been doing some training, but is not yet ready to play again.

Last edited:
02/04/21
Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - Olosunde has a sore hamstring , and his recovery is being monitored for Monday's match

09/04/21
Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - Olosunde and Mattock played in an 11v11 training game and are in the match squad (My comments - although possibly not the starting eleven, so it may still be a patched up side with players out of position that starts tomorrow). Robertson has also played in training, but isn't ready for the match squad yet.

12/04/21

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - Olosunde has sore calves, but should be fit enough to play tomorrow. Another (un-named) player is out injured. We have got to hope that it isn't a defender. Warney has already said "There will be changes to the team".

Talking of injury-prone players... it is being reported today that Paul Gascoigne, once touted as a possible manager for the Millers during a failed takeover bid, has picked up an injury in Italian Celebrity Big Brother, so can't complete all the "tasks" in the tv show. You couldn't make it up!
:balloon:

Last edited:
14/04/21 (6.55pm)
BBC Radio Sheffield pesenter just said that Richard Wood is the Millers main injury doubt for tomorrow. Didn't mention Ihiekwe though

26/04/21

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - Johansson out for tomorrow's game v Brentford due to concussion regulations. Thankfully, his eye socket is intact (Probably still bruised though!).
Olosunde is now off sick with a stomach upset. It is possible that he may recover in time for the tomorrow's match.
We have virtually no chance of keeping a clean sheet now , so might as well attack.

Update 7pm...
Caller to BBC Radio Sheffield just said that Mattock's injury has flared up again, so he can't play tomorrow. (No idea if that is true, but it wouldn't be a shock... of course we didn't need to sign another left back in the transfer window because... :( )

The injuries never seem to end...

Last edited: