Middlesbrough (H) | Page 6 | Vital Football

Middlesbrough (H)

I think the writing was on the wall for us before the game started. I will never question Dunkley’s commitment and he did a good job for us, particularly in the promotion-winning season. But he is not Championship quality and it is no coincidence our worst defensive performances this season have come with him in the team. We played some of our best football this season when he was out of the team, albeit we didn’t get the results we probably deserved. So why is he back in the centre of our defence, forcing us to play Naismith at left back which is not his best position (he did okay tonight mind)? Dunkley is an accident waiting to happen and so it proved regardless of the soft second yellow. On Saturday get Balagun in alongside Dunkley and let’s either put Pearce or Robinson in to give ourselves a chance. We need to keep Morsy and Williams as the midfield two and just go for it now. Nothing to lose now

I agree, but do you mean Naismith alongside Balogun?

I wasn't questioning Pilkington being subbed it was the sub.... Lowe coming on, whose confidence must be at an all time low, but hey wtf do I know Mr Cook......🤔😉

You mean the Lowe who scored the winning goal against Wednesday ?

;)

It may not be good on the eye but at least we are fighting for points, a few weeks ago we would have lost that game, 2-1 down with ten men and we even tried to win the game.
Keep showing that fighting spirit until May and you never know.

You been taking them tablets I see....not like you to be so chiper....😉

I know the ref had a shocker tonight but looking at our performance,I think our inadequacies,and that’s why I think we are as near as relegated tonight,were highlighted again.
1.Its too easy to get behind our back line
2.Our midfield is too defensive,slow and lacks creativity
3.Our forwards cant score......we create chances but our forwards can’t take them.
in addition to this,we have a manager who appears tactically inept......he doesn’t seem to be able to adapt formation,tactics and players to the different teams we are playing.
i think he should have gone after the Luton game and if this had happened I feel with new impetus we would have finished mid table. But,it’s too late now..Charlton and Huddersfield are pulling away and we need to go on a winning run which I can’t see happening. So, it’s league one,I fear next season.....I hope IEC are happy with that and also happy with the people they put in charge and with the decisions they have made.

We won’t be debt free if iec decide that they’ve had enough and stop funding us to the tune of 1 million every month!
I wonder if they think they’ve had a good return on their investment so far?