Middlesbrough (H) | Page 8 | Vital Football

Middlesbrough (H)

True believer.....yes I did go. I was referring to the goal that was disallowed......I didnt see an offside,but I was referring to the ease at which they got behind our defence,as was evidenced also on Saturday.
i stand by the rest of my points.

True believer.....yes I did go. I was referring to the goal that was disallowed......I didnt see an offside,but I was referring to the ease at which they got behind our defence,as was evidenced also on Saturday.
i stand by the rest of my points.

Fair enough, if you wish to stand by your points then do so, however I also stand by my counter points and ask you to clarify your third point.

Please explain how the forwards squander the chances that in your previous point we don't create?

Edit:
For the record, up until the sending off Middlesbrough had not had a single shot on target, the free kick was their first.

Last edited:
Don't care about results anymore, I accepted relegation. Only thing that matters to me now is passion and effort, and last night showed that. Referee had a shocker, but I stand by my opinion that the game was still in our hands (well maybe the winds).

I've accepted relegation now its inevitable.

I'd sell Gelhardt and Robinson now, get them on the transfer lists and take 20mil for the pair.

20mil in league one will cover everything and bring the right people in to make sure we go back up.

I'd sell Gelhardt and Robinson now, get them on the transfer lists and take 20mil for the pair.

20mil in league one will cover everything and bring the right people in to make sure we go back up.

And what if the owner(s) decide to bank the majority of the money and give the manager a mere £3-4 million to bolster the squad? That money won't buy you a pair of bootlaces in today's football market.

I'd defo put you in charge

Well Jacko i'm staying positive, plenty games and points left to pull us out of this mess, until we are mathematically relegated i'm keeping the faith.

And Moonay, no i've not been drinking bro! :wagging:

I don't doubt it .................... I had you down as a magic mushroomer, but given they're out of season, I assume it's the wacky baccy.
;):smoke:

The referee made no impact on the result of that game. Dunkley and Marshall did.

Ah okay then, so if their man gets correctly sent off for the blatent red on Kieffer Moore do you still see Lewis Wing grabbing 2 goals against us then when they are on the backfoot for the rest of the game?

Can't take you serious sorry.

Ah okay then, so if their man gets correctly sent off for the blatent red on Kieffer Moore do you still see Lewis Wing grabbing 2 goals against us then when they are on the backfoot for the rest of the game?

Seriously you saw Boro on the back foot for the game before the sending off ?.... I saw a side, who granted hadn't peppered our goal, that kept hold of the ball from the back and through midfield very well indeed. They weaved triangles through us and certainly a huge change from the Pulis days. I also thought we tried to pass and move although not with the finesse of our visitors. Strangely we had the better chances...funny owd game footy innit ?

He didn't.

But he did say this

“I really enjoyed the game to be fair,” he added. “I thought the stadium was good on the night, the atmosphere was great from the fans.
“I thought they were more after the referee than me...which is good!"

Nice touch Cookie, still smiling despite the sniping - UTT :cool:

Ah just read it again, correctly this time. Apologies.

Seriously you saw Boro on the back foot for the game before the sending off ?.... I saw a side, who granted hadn't peppered our goal, that kept hold of the ball from the back and through midfield very well indeed. They weaved triangles through us and certainly a huge change from the Pulis days. I also thought we tried to pass and move although not with the finesse of our visitors. Strangely we had the better chances...funny owd game footy innit ?

I didn't say that i said 'when they are on the backfoot for the rest of the game ' they wouldn't have pushed on that performance with ten men. Thats the point im getting at.

We got completely shafted by the ref, I could have seen us pushing for a second if they had to go down to 10 men, they didn't have the heart or desire we did to come back from behind with 10. Not a chance.

Not concerned if you do or do not take me seriously, I have an opinion and stand by it. Yes the referee was horrendous, and yes he should have got sent off, but the referee did not cause Dunkley to go to ground so clumsy while on a yellow. (even if it was soft), the referee also did not cause Marshall to make a blunder for the second goal. I admit that I was wrong about the first goal, that, of course, is bad-luck and it is a justified argument made that the scorer should have not been on the pitch. But there were slight errors we cause what did not help us whatsoever, which of course was amplified by the chaotic performance of the referee.

I am sorry if I look at how the players could have done better in the decisions we made leading up to some questionable decisions by the referee. I don't buy into covering the mistakes (even if it is slight) by a referee.

Like I said, all ifs and buts. Lets hope we don't see that ref at the DW ever again. But lets agree at even if the result for us was terrible in terms of not keeping up ground in the survival race, the players did show alot of heart and effort, even when at 10 men.

We have forwards who can’t hit a barn door. For a big man Moore is to easy knocked of the ball. And as no pace at all. Be ok in league one next season