Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Enrique

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Benitez

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
If there is a minor long in the tooth player revolt Poch deserves time to fix it. He also deserves time to integrate the new players signed in the summer. He deserves time to sign more in January and the following summer until he has what he wants. He deserves to see the benefit of the austerity imposed on him by Levy, to see the fruits of the revenue the stadium brings in. He has earnt this time by getting us top 4 and taking us into Europe so many times.

Here we go yet again - what 'austerity' was imposed on him?

The only evidence we have is the exact opposite: you've heard from me first (and I don't bother lying) you've heard it from Graham Roberts and Glenn Hoddle as well as Lord Sugar that we all knew we 100% had funds for transfers - it was Poch and Poch alone that wanted to wait until he could get the targets he wanted....

That's the top middle and bottom of it.

Allegri heavily linked this morning with rumours that Poch may walk.

Even though good possibility of being rubbish when the results/perfomances and unrest like this happen there's always going to be these rumours even if it's just to unsettle everyone even more.

Beginning of the end for Poch though I'm certain of it.

It isn't yet - but the next three PL results will I am certain dictate what the club might do - what it won't do is spend another 100+ mill on the targets he wants if he's set to go as results / performances haven't picked up.

Prolly not a manager in the world that I wouldn't disagree with his selections and match decisions, maybe some a bit less, likely most a bit more.

Poch has shown some ability, and if we ever do master this playing style he's designed, the football should be great.

But then there's the thing about how Vert went from arguably our best player of last season, to showing up with a black eye, to being frozen out & on the verge of sold, to back starting but not not good enough.

Things like this are the troubling bits for me.

Poch is still a young guy, and this has really become a top job under his watch, has a ton to learn but alot of people think he's doing just that. I remain a fan, but my level of skepticism grows as this group fails to gel and take care of business on the field. I think we bought some fantastic players and, even if he's the one solely responsible for NOT buying anyone forever, I think his future hangs on them coming good and making this a truly improved team by the end of the season.

I think we've got some biz lined up for the Winter window, and I'm not sure there's any benefit to mid-season changes. Best to see the season out and figure it out then.

He does need to make some decisions, and turn this back around. If he's gonna go down, better to show some balls and run the team, instead of being known as the guy that failed 'cause he got run over.

Entertaining stuff!

No-one should really be making any sort of judgement until we've integrated 130 mill's worth of talent and perhaps even got rid of the poison dwarf(s) who created a toxic 'them and us' atmosphere amongst the group.

Vert deserved the black eye.

No-one should really be making any sort of judgement until we've integrated 130 mill's worth of talent and perhaps even got rid of the poison dwarf(s) who created a toxic 'them and us' atmosphere amongst the group.

:eek: surely that wasn't done deliberately...

The only evidence we have is the exact opposite: you've heard from me first (and I don't bother lying) you've heard it from Graham Roberts and Glenn Hoddle as well as Lord Sugar that we all knew we 100% had funds for transfers - it was Poch and Poch alone that wanted to wait until he could get the targets he wanted....

The net spend up until last season was almost zero, so maybe that's what he means by austerity. I have no doubt funds were available last season, but were they enough for the targets that Poch wanted?

Who gave Vert the black eye?

In fact I don't understand the Vert situation at all. To my knowledge he was happy at Spurs and wanted a new contract. We wouldn't give him more than a year so he looked elsewhere, found what he wanted but then we wouldn't let him go. So we don't want to extend his contract but we also don't want to let him go. It's seems contradictory. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Mourinho and Allegri happen to be available. Levy will be tempted. 2 greats and I bet Levy could have his pick.
Rodgers I think is the bookies favorite for the job. Been in leics a short time and has a good squad. Not sure what his family situation is but he may want to stay put.
Well Allegri comprehensively out thought him the last time they tangeled and I was shocked to find he's only three years older than Poch. I'd be fine with seeing him have a go.

I suggest our funds available in comparison to our rivals was significantly less. So could be seen as austerity in the context of what was being spent elsewhere . To say funds were available is a bit generalised. How much....? And how much did
Poch need ?
It's no coincidence that now the stadium is up and running with refinancing and sponsors chucking money at us that all of a sudden Levy says we could have spent more in the summer.

I suggest our funds available in comparison to our rivals was significantly less. So could be seen as austerity in the context of what was being spent elsewhere . To say funds were available is a bit generalised. How much....? And how much did
Poch need ?
It's no coincidence that now the stadium is up and running with refinancing and sponsors chucking money at us that all of a sudden Levy says we could have spent more in the summer.
Listen every one knows I'm not Levy's number one fan but he wasn't the bloke thought that not one player on the planet were better than the options we have at fullback

Listen every one knows I'm not Levy's number one fan but he wasn't the bloke thought that not one player on the planet were better than the options we have at fullback

Or a Cm other than Grealish better than

Wanyama - injuries
Dembele - injuries
Dier - but harsh - but injuries/illness
Skipp - youth

It's obvious there were better options , I'm not sure they were available within our budget though.

Spursex seems to suggest differently.

We had an agreed deal for Wanyama; it didn't go through because he / his family didn't want to move to Belguim.

We were prepared to almost give away Rose and according to some, we did with Tripps.

The out-going values were inconsequential in reality to the incoming ones - the bigger more thorny issue was shoe-horning in more foreign players if we didn't get rid of more. i.e. Toby, Verts, Eriksen etc

There's no question that Levy opened the purse strings in the last two seasons but the period before there was no significant transfer budget, as witnessed by the pattern of transfers and the net transfer spend. Just gives context to what he achieved over that period.

In reality, it's human nature to try and turn grey into black and white and find single root causes. On this one, that just can't be done. I would propose that we all stop trying to pin things on Poch OR Levy OR Eriksen OR Toby OR Rose etc. It's like pinning everything on VAR and not including the technology piece, the humans using it, the rules of the games, the governing bodies etc.

Levy knows 2 things. Firstly, he is the guy at the head of the organisational chart and the most accountable for fixing it. Secondly, he is most accountable for the culture at his club and needs to own that part as well. He either needs to figure out what needs to be done to support his manager 100% or cut him loose and find a new one.

I would probably start with the 4 senior players and have a plan for each. Levy and Poch should brainstorm that first and clearly Poch needs to deliver it.

As an example, that could be having the straight conversation with Eriksen and tell him that he's not going to be involved with the first team indefinitely and will probably be sitting around for 3-4 months if not 8-9. Take away the biggest thing he loves in life apart from his family. Then sit back and let Eriksen talk and see what feedback he gives. See how much he wants it when Poch has video evidence, stats etc in his top pocket.

Levy and Poch can actually be coercive now as someone like Eriksen's value probably appreciates for a January sale if he's out of the spotlight. Like an injured player, the perception comes back quickly about his talents and demand for his signature will appear in my opinion.

Levy and Poch also need to go on a charm offensive with the rest of the squad and not let the minority drag down culture and commitment. That's easily done and I'm sure guys like Kane, Winks and Lloris will be all in.

We had an agreed deal for Wanyama; it didn't go through because he / his family didn't want to move to Belguim.

We were prepared to almost give away Rose and according to some, we did with Tripps.

The out-going values were inconsequential in reality to the incoming ones - the bigger more thorny issue was shoe-horning in more foreign players if we didn't get rid of more. i.e. Toby, Verts, Eriksen etc

Anyone buying Wanyama would have to be crazy..he's finished.

So Poch is crap at tactics, having a plan b mid game, defensive coaching, breaking down park the bus teams ,choosing the penalty takers, picking the first 11, motivation, player relationships, signings, press conferences, has a lack of respect for lesser cups and can't be trusted to stay loyal to the club if RM come calling.