• Enrique

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Benitez

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
I’ve been thinking about how the players have supposedly been acting

Is it any shock given how the manager acted?

How can a man demand loyalty when he’s not shown it?
Nonsense!!! He was approached by Real Madrid and he turned them down out of loyalty to Spurs & to Levy. I think that's plenty loyal enough to set the example to the players!

Poch has attempted to clarify his comments after the Olympiacos game. He was asked what physiological training he needed to intensify.
He back tracked a little but basically said he wanted the focus and intensity of the first half against Palace consistently.
He continually mentions mentality and focus. Why is it taking so long to instill this ?
I have already compared the line ups in the 2 games as being very different with rusty players , plus the temperature on the day being debilitating. I would ask if these 2 factors were perhaps more of an explanation than our mentality.

Poch has attempted to clarify his comments after the Olympiacos game. He was asked what physiological training he needed to intensify.
He back tracked a little but basically said he wanted the focus and intensity of the first half against Palace consistently.
He continually mentions mentality and focus. Why is it taking so long to instill this ?
I have already compared the line ups in the 2 games as being very different with rusty players , plus the temperature on the day being debilitating. I would ask if these 2 factors were perhaps more of an explanation than our mentality.
Absolutely. Heat can have a debilitating affect on your mental state quite significantly too.

I said that I would given them all until Christmas before I started throwing and toys out of prams. It's not been a great start. It's not been terrible.
I am excited for Sess and Tanguy. I think Sanchez will come good as well (not at RB).
I hope Eriksen leaves in Jan and gives us maximum effort until he does. Same as Jan and Toby in the summer if they also want out.
Those that are not performing will Come good I am sure of it. Dier and Deli in particular. Its been a stuttering start is all.
It's not all about Poch. Players have to take responsibility. All great managers have had tough times where their teams weren't performing as they can. This is one of them.
Poch is a lemon at times. But for the moment he's our lemon.

I said that I would given them all until Christmas before I started throwing and toys out of prams. It's not been a great start. It's not been terrible.
I am excited for Sess and Tanguy. I think Sanchez will come good as well (not at RB).
I hope Eriksen leaves in Jan and gives us maximum effort until he does. Same as Jan and Toby in the summer if they also want out.
Those that are not performing will Come good I am sure of it. Dier and Deli in particular. Its been a stuttering start is all.
It's not all about Poch. Players have to take responsibility. All great managers have had tough times where their teams weren't performing as they can. This is one of them.
Poch is a lemon at times. But for the moment he's our lemon.

We've only had a glimpse of the impact that N'dombele and Lo Celso could have - the same goes for Sess; until we see them embedded and playing regularly - given what we now know about players doing what they did last year and the absence of a rush of clubs to come and get them - it's no wonder our start is stuttering...Poch has his 'man-management and leadership skills' being fully challenged now.

I keep hearing about how hot it was....etc....and it was a major factor why we didn't play well....

Last time I checked, both teams had to play in those conditions...right?

Yeah it may have been a factor...but the reason we blew a 2 goal lead is because that is Spurs being Spurs and we have zero leadership on and off the pitch.

We've only had a glimpse of the impact that N'dombele and Lo Celso could have - the same goes for Sess; until we see them embedded and playing regularly - given what we now know about players doing what they did last year and the absence of a rush of clubs to come and get them - it's no wonder our start is stuttering...Poch has his 'man-management and leadership skills' being fully challenged now.
Poch is suddenly front and centre of a billion quid enterprise!
His behaviour off the field is going to be equally as important to that as when in the dugout.
I hope he gets the support he needs from the club so he can focus his resources where they need to be.
As for players wanting to leave - one can only think we are going to be able to Replace them like for Like or if not better given our new financial Position.
Personally I would like a DOF going forward. How does Daniel and Glenn get on these days?

Poch is suddenly front and centre of a billion quid enterprise!
His behaviour off the field is going to be equally as important to that as when in the dugout.
I hope he gets the support he needs from the club so he can focus his resources where they need to be.
As for players wanting to leave - one can only think we are going to be able to Replace them like for Like or if not better given our new financial Position.
Personally I would like a DOF going forward. How does Daniel and Glenn get on these days?

Well enough; he spent a good part of the last 18 months before his HA have a good long hard look at Midfielders that were available in Europe and I believe his opinion - when asked for - is respected.

Well enough; he spent a good part of the last 18 months before his HA have a good long hard look at Midfielders that were available in Europe and I believe his opinion - when asked for - is respected.

True but I'd rather chase than be chased. If you're being chased, sell.

However, Pochettino suggested the words by his star striker have been taken the wrong way.

“Be careful. Be careful when you translate what the players say after the game in the media because sometimes we can take the words in different ways.

“Always have respect with what the players say and you can assess what the players say on the media.

I’m not going to ‘shush’ what one or another player is telling you. Because I wasn’t there, I cannot talk about the words and the intention of them but of course when you are disappointed you always look to try and improve and we were talking under different aspects and in my opinion we need to still improve.”

Hopefully hes not being this soft behind doors

However, Pochettino suggested the words by his star striker have been taken the wrong way.

“Be careful. Be careful when you translate what the players say after the game in the media because sometimes we can take the words in different ways.

“Always have respect with what the players say and you can assess what the players say on the media.

I’m not going to ‘shush’ what one or another player is telling you. Because I wasn’t there, I cannot talk about the words and the intention of them but of course when you are disappointed you always look to try and improve and we were talking under different aspects and in my opinion we need to still improve.”

Hopefully hes not being this soft behind doors

What Harry said was quite straightforward, a concept Poch seems to find difficult to get his head around.

As much as I Would love it I fear his shadow would still loom too large over any manager.

Nonsense!!! He was approached by Real Madrid and he turned them down out of loyalty to Spurs & to Levy. I think that's plenty loyal enough to set the example to the players!

Wrong. Poch himself said he wanted to leave but Levy blocked the move because he signed a new deal.

Off the top of my head: Favre, Mourinho, Ancelotti, Lopetegui
Below that there’s Howe, Solskjær, Rodgers, Santo at Wolves

For the record I’m in the remain camp (in this specific issue) but it’s not like there aren’t any good candidates out there should we part ways
Why not our own Chris Hughton ?