• Enrique

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Benitez

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
You won't get it.

Most at Spurs (excluding the acquisition team) are on a short break, so whilst an agreement might have been reached in principle with more that one players representative(s), it's my view we'll not see or hear anything until July.

That’s far too late.

We should have signed at least 2 by then.

Given him a deadline.

Poch is an emotional man; that's his temperament. His mental health is just fine; although it's pretty easy to aim at his personal philosophy of life - but it seems to have held him in good stead so far.

He and Levy actually get on incredibly well 99% of the time, but that will not stop him from doing what he believes is right for himself (and why shouldn't it?).

Poch was a nobody when we picked him up, even if he was highly regarded as an up and coming coach; he is now established (because of the opportunity we gave him). I was dismayed at his ego when he publicly proclaimed that he'd had to 'school' Levy about why it isn't necessary to buy players - it wasn't necessary to be said in public, and so, since then his nonsense of 'will I, won't I' has been played out by him, once again in Public.

Personally, I've had enough of his grandstanding (could you imagine the chav's, manure, even ManC or liverpool putting up with it) his childish egotistical double meanings and unprofessional behavior during his press interviews?

It all sounds like a man hedging his bets, but also trying to maneuver to break his contract without any of the consequences that might follow.

No one should be bigger than the club and because the way he's made it sound like he's doing us a favour - I hope he goes.
The difference between managing the clubs you mentioned and managing us is that they buy the players the manager wants....and yes I know the arguments about revenues, costs etc but it doesn’t alter the fact that he can’t get that level of support here. From his utterances I get the impression that he doesn’t want to leave but he’s not hearing what he wants to hear from Levy regarding recruitment, or maybe he has had some promises and is waiting to see if they are fulfilled.

I think he has earned the right to see what he can do with a better level of players, but my concern is he is stuck in a tactical approach that even with better players is still doomed to ultimate failure, instead of building tactics to suit the strengths of players....we shall see, but 2 to 3 weeks into the window and one 16 y/o goalkeeper signed so far doesn’t promote confidence.

You won't get it.

Most at Spurs (excluding the acquisition team) are on a short break, so whilst an agreement might have been reached in principle with more that one players representative(s), it's my view we'll not see or hear anything until July.

Hard time being the transfer committee. I mean only been 18 months off so far.:lol:

The difference between managing the clubs you mentioned and managing us is that they buy the players the manager wants....and yes I know the arguments about revenues, costs etc but it doesn’t alter the fact that he can’t get that level of support here. From his utterances I get the impression that he doesn’t want to leave but he’s not hearing what he wants to hear from Levy regarding recruitment, or maybe he has had some promises and is waiting to see if they are fulfilled.

I think he has earned the right to see what he can do with a better level of players, but my concern is he is stuck in a tactical approach that even with better players is still doomed to ultimate failure, instead of building tactics to suit the strengths of players....we shall see, but 2 to 3 weeks into the window and one 16 y/o goalkeeper signed so far doesn’t promote confidence.

If I'm a manager of skybet championship club and I want players from the Premiership; the club isn't going to do it. If Poch wants Champions league standard players, he may now get that chance - but perhaps certainly not at the levels that our peers can afford and we still as of now, cannot.

If that's what he wants to hear, then he's a fool or a clever man who is deliberately asking for what he knows can't be delivered.

As for his tactical acumen, it often frustrates me.

As for the window - look around and see exactly how many PL clubs have made a move yet....

As of now, I don't believe a single PL have announced any signings and most, if not probably won't until well into June, perhaps even July.

Just once, when opportunity knocks, wouldn’t it be nice if we actually put getting the best players we can afford signed up, rather than going on holiday like a bunch of jobsworths.

I know there are a lot of variables involved, and agents use first bids to up the ante with other bidders but whoever is/has been in charge of the process hasn’t delivered a wow signing almost in living memory...last one I can remember was Klinsmann for one whole season.

Can't remember how quickly the scouse got in most of their players last summer. Was it quick?

We are in a very similar position to what they were in this time last year.

If I'm a manager of skybet championship club and I want players from the Premiership; the club isn't going to do it. If Poch wants Champions league standard players, he may now get that chance - but perhaps certainly not at the levels that our peers can afford and we still as of now, cannot.

If that's what he wants to hear, then he's a fool or a clever man who is deliberately asking for what he knows can't be delivered.

As for his tactical acumen, it often frustrates me.

As for the window - look around and see exactly how many PL clubs have made a move yet....

As of now, I don't believe a single PL have announced any signings and most, if not probably won't until well into June, perhaps even July.

Given the amount of work we need to do, we should be already in the process of at least off loading some.

From BBC Website

Country/competition Opens Closes
Premier League Thursday, 16 May Thursday, 8 August (17:00 BST)
Scotland Tuesday, 11 June Monday, 2 September (00:00 BST)
EFL Championship Monday, 6 May Thursday, 8 August
EFL League One/EFL League Two Monday, 6 May End of August
France Tuesday, 11 June End of August
Germany Monday, 1 July End of August
Italy Monday, 1 July Sunday, 18 August
Spain Tuesday, 2 July End of August

Next Tuesday it is for Ndombele then :-)

Just once, when opportunity knocks, wouldn’t it be nice if we actually put getting the best players we can afford signed up, rather than going on holiday like a bunch of jobsworths.

I know there are a lot of variables involved, and agents use first bids to up the ante with other bidders but whoever is/has been in charge of the process hasn’t delivered a wow signing almost in living memory...last one I can remember was Klinsmann for one whole season.

I remember this on the back Page of the sizzling sun and practically pissing my own pants in my front room in Neasdon....
Suagr-and-Klinsmann.jpeg

Can't remember how quickly the scouse got in most of their players last summer. Was it quick?

We are in a very similar position to what they were in this time last year.

Liverpool spent the whole of the 2017 summer window trying to sign Van Dyke only for the deal to fall through at the last moment.

They then tried again from that December and secured him in early Jan, but only after he threatened to 'down tools'.

It was also revealed that goalkeeper coach John Achterberg had been following Alisson‘s progress for five years, when the Brazilian was still with Internacional in his homeland.

They tried three times to get Allison and only got him in the third window after their first attempt; each attempt ratcheted up the price - but it was the sale of Coutinho that they knew would allow them to agree to each clubs (what at the time looked like) incredible demands by the selling clubs.

Unless we sell Eriksen for a hefty fee, I can't see us doing anything similar.

As Poch is on holiday recharging his batteries and now turns his thoughts to the huge career decision he's about to make - I wonder what he's been listening to...and has it changed as he approacheth the 'big' meet?

What do you think he's listening to as he packs his bags ready to return.....?!

Last edited:
As Poch is on holiday recharging his batteries and now turns his thoughts to the huge career decision he's about to make - I wonder what he's been listening to...and has it changed as he approacheth the 'big' meet?

What do you think he's listening to as he packs his bags ready to return.....?!
No idea EX, but love the song. Depends what he’s heard already from the club on the signings front and whether UTD, PSG and Juventus have been in touch I guess. If he really wants to return to Spain he may decide to stay put and see if Zidane crashes and burns or if if the Barcelona job opens up.

If he has made his decision already I hope it is clarified now....we can’t afford more uncertainty.