Match thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Match thread

What are the rules on where your foot has to be when taking a throw-in? Does it have to be completely behind the line, or is it like the no-ball in cricket where part of your foot has to be touching the line? Just watched the replay of the 2nd goal, Jackson's foot appears to be nearly completely over the line when he throws it in.

What are the rules on where your foot has to be when taking a throw-in? Does it have to be completely behind the line, or is it like the no-ball in cricket where part of your foot has to be touching the line? Just watched the replay of the 2nd goal, Jackson's foot appears to be nearly completely over the line when he throws it in.
I was told on a referees course that the feet have to be behind the line, as the touchline is in play. This seems to have been ignored for a long time by linesmen.

I was told on a referees course that the feet have to be behind the line, as the touchline is in play. This seems to have been ignored for a long time by linesmen.

Sometimes the camera angles can be deceptive, but it looks like the linesman ignored it today. Looks like Jackson's heels are on the line, the rest of his foot well over it.

Not that I'm complaining, of course!

Typical has to go to Lincolnshire today left early but got held up with Family, Mrs had the iPad on and missed the first two goals but got home in time for number three, what a first half and a good performance to date just what we needed prior to Xmas. More please for the second half!!!