Match Thread: Wigan Athletic v Lincoln City | Page 2 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Wigan Athletic v Lincoln City

Apparently all their signings were on frees....
So Wyke and McLean didn't get massive signing on fees for joining them...
Going out of business one year with fans crying to signing championship players the next, what a fairytale...
All too common in football, and little appetite to change it from football.

I've not seen it posted anywhere. I'll be ringing Wigan this afternoon to find out. If not I'll be missing my second most local game coming in at just over 20 miles; a mile further than the Bolton game.

I bought my tickets over the phone to pick up when I arrive, so you should be able to do the same.

My brother is convinced he went to the old ground back in the 80's or 90's and there was a donkey on the shabby terrace behind the goal. He is adamant it didn't have a No 9 on its back and he hadn't touched a drop of drink
.... blimey we've all seen a few donkeys with a No.9 on its back :yes:

We went to Springfield Park first in 1979. Asked a local "where's the football ground, please?", followed the directions exactly, and ended up outside Central Park, even though they weren't even playing that day.

I think this was a nice little snapshot of the importance of soccer to the inhabitants of Wigan at that time. Maybe it's changed now.

We went to Springfield Park first in 1979. Asked a local "where's the football ground, please?", followed the directions exactly, and ended up outside Central Park, even though they weren't even playing that day.

I think this was a nice little snapshot of the importance of soccer to the inhabitants of Wigan at that time. Maybe it's changed now.
Just been on the Wigan forum and they have made a few disparaging comments regarding our fan base .It's unlikely there will be too many Imps there tonight especially following Saturday though

Stating the bleeding obvious to say it's a big challenge for the defence but I think it is especially for Montsma and Robson
Montsma has been outstanding recently and seems to have eradicated most of his little errors. This is the sort of game against established forwards which will potentially spotlight him. If he plays well tonight then not sure he will be long for these parts.
As for Robson I have to say I am not yet sold on him. Hope to be proved wrong but he certainly took a roasting against Rotherham and he is up against quality again tonight. Bramhall certainly has his limitations but as more of a threat going forward I would prefer him at the moment.

Best thing about going to the DW Stadium has to be the music they play

Stating the bleeding obvious to say it's a big challenge for the defence but I think it is especially for Montsma and Robson
Montsma has been outstanding recently and seems to have eradicated most of his little errors. This is the sort of game against established forwards which will potentially spotlight him. If he plays well tonight then not sure he will be long for these parts.
As for Robson I have to say I am not yet sold on him. Hope to be proved wrong but he certainly took a roasting against Rotherham and he is up against quality again tonight. Bramhall certainly has his limitations but as more of a threat going forward I would prefer him at the moment.

You are not sure about Robson? Really?

It's also a big challenge for our attack, Wigan don't concede many, probably need the flying Dutchman to hit the onion bag again.
I think Robson is improving steadily.

I think Robson has been one of the pluses so far this season.

Quite like the left back not to be on the right wing in the last minute when you are protecting a lead. Been pretty consistent since his arrival