• WIn

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Absolutely bloody disgraceful. I'm pretty much lost for words. Maybe not, clueless, hopeless, brainless, useless, gutless. That'll do for starters, and that's before I even get started on the manager.
How many points are going to be lost and where do we need to be in the PL, before this fine margins, brinkmanship football is abandoned. Is the manager capable of doing things any differently.

Right. I said something similar the other week but the last two times we played without shackles on we beat United 6-2 and Leeds 3-0. Jose's negativity is stiffling players. I know Son and Kane have quite impressive figures but even they dont look the full ticket in these set ups. If teams mark them out of the match the others in the team are not of thr attacking quality to step up.

We need to be throwing curve balls as everyone knows how we are setting up now and are able to counter our counter.
Play a front 4 of Dele, Bale, Son and Kane with PEH holding and Ndom doing the donkey work and linking play and let that front 4 do what they do. ATTACK.
Or drop Kane back into the 10 position and play Vinicius up front with Son, Bale, Berg or even Lamela providing the width.
Hell Reg seems to be one of our better crossers of the ball so play him as the LW with Davies behind him shoring it up.
We are not good enough to sit on leads so why try to do it.

Jose has got a free reign at the moment with there being no fans. He doesnt have to face any backlash.
Maybe we all need to start bombarding his Instagram account and the players twitter accounts to show our displeasure.
Jose may well win us a trophy, or 2 or 3 and he will take all the plaudits but did the same at United and the fans hounded him out.

Oh whilst we are on that United are top. TOP!!! 3 points clear and we beat them 2 - 6 at their gaff.

And relax

Jose got 7 points from 12 out of City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. Tough games where we got some fortune but the tactics weren't a complete disaster.

Then we end up with 6 points 15 from Palace, Wolves, Leicester, Leeds and Fulham. Our tactics in all of those games have been awful.

So if there was good work done tactically against the teams like City then it has been more than undone at this stage. We're in huge decline in the league completely camouflaged by the failures of the teams around us.

The problem is that Jose calls himself a winner but simply cannot control his weakness i.e. the obsessions he has with negative tactics. I predict he will fall on his sword by the autumn just like Jol, Ramos, AVB, Poch etc have in the past. The same patterns have already started.

Jose is a trophy hunter. Nothing else matters to him. If he wins every game playing crap supporters are gonna be fine with the end result, but not with the way we play. When we play crap and look out of ideas, look second best in desire, skill, passinf, movement & intensity...and don't win..Then Jose better deliver a trophy otherwise he won't be here next seadon

Jose got 7 points from 12 out of City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. Tough games where we got some fortune but the tactics weren't a complete disaster.

Then we end up with 6 points 15 from Palace, Wolves, Leicester, Leeds and Fulham. Our tactics in all of those games have been awful.

So if there was good work done tactically against the teams like City then it has been more than undone at this stage. We're in huge decline in the league completely camouflaged by the failures of the teams around us.

The problem is that Jose calls himself a winner but simply cannot control his weakness i.e. the obsessions he has with negative tactics. I predict he will fall on his sword by the autumn just like Jol, Ramos, AVB, Poch etc have in the past. The same patterns have already started.

Sadly, I've seen this coming for awhile and have argued this with everyone else here.

I hate being right, I'd much rather see the man take a deep breath and realise that his negativity is killing us.

At this rate, we'll be lucky to finish in the top 10 and our chances of winning a place in Europe (forget the top 4 now) will be killed off soon enough.

I am absolutely gutted today, they played like demons, we played like scared pussies, I wonder if that's also because of him shooting his big mouth off demanding an apology and dissing Scottie before the game?

Sickening really. How much longer will Levy let this go on for?

Last edited:
Ivan Cavaleiro's header earns Fulham deserved point at Tottenham

Jacob Steinberg at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

@JacobSteinberg
Wed 13 Jan 2021 22.11 GMT
Last modified on Thu 14 Jan 2021 04.37 GMT

Tottenham refuse to learn their lesson. Once again they allowed a game to slip from their control, failing to build on Harry Kane’s early goal and falling into defensive mode.

It has become a recurring theme and Spurs ended up paying the price for José Mourinho’s conservatism when Fulham, inspired by a thrilling cameo from Ademola Lookman, punished their negative opponents with a deserved equaliser.

Mourinho could not complain about bad luck, even though his side missed a series of outstanding opportunities and had a winner from Sergio Reguilón disallowed for offside.

To focus on misfortune and missed chances would be a distraction when the reality is that Spurs, who have won two of their past eight league games, have made a habit of conceding costly late goals.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2021/jan/13/tottenham-hotspur-v-fulham-premier-league-live
It happened when they drew with Crystal Palace and Wolves last month, it happened when they lost against Liverpool at Anfield, and it happened again when Ivan Cavaleiro leapt in the 74th minute to haul Fulham level. Spurs had contrived to squander yet another commanding position and although they were top of the league midway through December, they now are six points behind Manchester United in first place.

Although the reliance on Kane and Son Heung-min is a hindrance, the overall mentality is an issue. Spurs did not approach the second half like title contenders.

They were too quick to retreat and, although Fulham rode their luck at times, Scott Parker’s side merited a draw that lifts them two points below Brighton in 17th place.

Fulham, who have two games in hand on Brighton, ran their hearts out and almost snatched a priceless win when Hugo Lloris denied Ruben Loftus‑Cheek. Although they arrived in a funk, seething at being given only two days to prepare after a Covid-19 outbreak forced Aston Villa to postpone their game against Spurs, they responded magnificently.

Parker had called the scheduling scandalous, arguing that Fulham needed more notice from the Premier League. This fixture had originally been postponed on 30 December after Fulham, who also had to call off their trip to Burnley on 3 January, recorded a number of positive coronavirus tests.

Parker had not banked on it being rearranged so quickly; otherwise he would not have played so many of his regulars when his side returned to action against Queens Park Rangers in the third round of the FA Cup last weekend.

Yet perfection is impossible given the sport is playing by the pandemic’s rules and Fulham had no choice but to get on with it. Mourinho, who expected Fulham to field a strong side, had dismissed Parker’s complaints and Spurs were determined to make their guests suffer during the first half.

Spurs sought to expose Fulham’s rustiness, threatening whenever they raised the tempo. Mourinho wanted his full-backs high and wide, attacking the space behind Parker’s wing-backs, and whipping in crosses for Kane and Son. The tactic was effective throughout the opening period and it should have led to a goal in the sixth minute, Serge Aurier’s cutback reaching Reguilón, who fired over from close range.

Spurs kept cutting through Parker’s cautious 3-5-2 system. Alphonse Areola had to be in inspired form in Fulham’s goal, twice denying Son. Tosin Adarabioyo was forced into last-ditch action, sliding in to rob Kane, and it was not a surprise when Fulham cracked. Reguilón raided from left-back and delivered a peach of a cross for Kane to head home.

Yet Fulham, who had not played a league game since Boxing Day, refused to lie down. They have developed a solid work ethic under Parker and were diligent in their approach, with Harrison Reed fighting in midfield.
Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa offered a languid quality on the ball, showing quick feet before testing Lloris. Loftus-Cheek almost equalised and the longer it stayed 1-0, the bolder Fulham became.
Parker saw that Spurs had lost their fluency in midfield. He gambled, introducing Lookman, a livewire on the left. Spurs dropped deeper, relying on counterattacks, their nerves growing when Son hit a post at the end of a swift break.
Fulham saw their chance. Spurs could not contain Lookman, who turned Aurier inside out before crossing for Cavaleiro to score. Fulham, who host Chelsea on Saturday, ended up enjoying their last‑minute invitation to north London.

“People need to understand the predicament we were in,” Parker said afterwards. “We are not making it up. We have been very open and had worries for the safety of others too … we don’t need to apologise for anything. I thought we were immense tonight. I was very proud because of what we faced.”

Mourinho, meanwhile, was left frustrated by his team’s inability to take their chances. “This is the same story basically since the beginning of the season,” he added. “Today was a clear situation where we could and should have killed the game in the first half but then you go back to the goals that we concede.

“There are some things [that] have to do with organisation of the team, but other things they have to do with individual skills, individual ability, and it’s as simple as that.”

Last edited:
Watching last night's match and the game against Marine made me wonder why we have an academy and younger teams at all.

Whenever I have seen the youngsters play I have always been impressed by their core footballing skills. The ability to control the ball immediately. To pass and move - and to pass accurately. The sense of urgency in their play. Speed of thought and execution. The footballing intelligence to find space and play the right pass. And instinctively to go forward! They are just instantly identifiable.

But all this seems lost by the time they get into the first team squad - the very few that do, that is. And this goes way back before Mourhino.

When Winks first broke into the squad he looked like the archetypal academy player and I thought he had so much promise. But it looks like it has been ground out of him over the years. And unfortunately this looks like the future for any of our youngsters who want to stay with us and do eventually break through.

‘Don’t understand it’: Jamie O’Hara stunned by what Spurs boss did last night

Spurs welcomed relegation-threatened Fulham to North London but Jose Mourinho’s side could only muster a point following a 1-1 draw.
The visitors equalised on 74 minutes and despite having a number of potential game changers on the bench – Gareth Bale, Lucas Moura and Dele Alli to name a few – Mourinho didn’t use any of them.

The Tottenham boss, whose side are sixth in the table and six points behind Manchester United at the summit, started Moussa Sissoko on the wing instead of Bale or Moura.

The France international joined the Lilywhites as a wide player back in 2016 but has almost exclusively been used as a midfield player since then, under Mauricio Pochettino and Mourinho.

And former Tottenham star Jamie O’Hara has written on Twitter and he just doesn’t understand Mourinho’s rationale in using Sissoko on the flanks when other, better options were available..
My question is why play sissoko right midfield, when you have Bale, Moura and Lamela, he’s realised now and put him back in midfield but don’t understand it #TOTFUL
— Jamie Ohara (@Mrjamieohara1) January 13, 2021
This really was a damning indictment of how little trust Mourinho has in Bale, when he’s asking Sissoko to dust off his wide play and assume a position he has barely been tested in for four years.
For whatever reason, Bale, who has managed only 160 minutes of Premier League football since September, doesn’t inspire his coach right now and it’s difficult to see that changing anytime soon.

‘Trouble’: Gary Lineker had one criticism for Tottenham as Fulham made it 1-1 last night

Gary Lineker has taken to Twitter to share his criticism of Tottenham, after they allowed Fulham to equalise in the 1-1 draw last night.

Ivan Cavaleiro rose highest to nod home a cross from Ademola Lookman, at the same end that Harry Kane did the same following a fine delivery from Sergio Reguilon.

For some reason, after the England international’s opener, Jose Mourinho’s side seemed happy to just sit back and protect their lead.

This approach seemingly failed to impress Lineker, who said Spurs were ‘asking for trouble’ by doing that.

You can see what the BBC Match of the Day host tweeted in full below.

Excellent goal from @FulhamFC and you have to say they deserve their equaliser…well you don’t have to say it, but if you just sit on a one goal lead, you’re asking for trouble. I’m sure @SpursOfficial will try attacking again now.
— Gary Lineker 💙 (@GaryLineker) January 13, 2021

Sadly, I've seen this coming for awhile and have argued this with everyone else here.

I hate being right, I'd much rather see the man take a deep breath and realise that his negativity is killing us.

At this rate, we'll be lucky to finish in the top 10 and our chances of winning a place in Europe (forget the top 4 now) will be killed off soon enough.

I am absolutely gutted today, they played like demons, we played like scared pussies, I wonder if that's also because of him shooting his big mouth off demanding an apology and dissing Scottie before the game?

Sickening really. How much longer will Levy let this go on for?

Their keeper was MOM and we hit the post. After the first half the commentary team said it was an open and enjoyable game. If it weren't for their keeper we would have been 3 up.
I questioned the team selection before kick off but was fairly happy after the first half. Second half Sissoko almost ran clean through to their goal and was last ditch tackled very well by the defender, Son uncharacteristically scuffed his shot and hit the post.
Credit to Fulham but Hugo wasnt really troubled and was let down by Sanchez and Dier for the goal. Sanchez was in Aurier's position and failed to stop the cross. I haven't looked to see where Aurier was.
On chances created and attempts on goal we had the better opportunities. That's how it goes sometimes.

Their keeper was MOM and we hit the post. After the first half the commentary team said it was an open and enjoyable game. If it weren't for their keeper we would have been 3 up.
I questioned the team selection before kick off but was fairly happy after the first half. Second half Sissoko almost ran clean through to their goal and was last ditch tackled very well by the defender, Son uncharacteristically scuffed his shot and hit the post.
Credit to Fulham but Hugo wasnt really troubled and was let down by Sanchez and Dier for the goal. Sanchez was in Aurier's position and failed to stop the cross. I haven't looked to see where Aurier was.
On chances created and attempts on goal we had the better opportunities. That's how it goes sometimes.
What did their keeper do to deserve MotM? He made 2 very good saves from Son , and one good save from Winks, which any keeper would have been expected to make.
Sissoko overan the ball which resulted in a goal kick. And let's face it, he was never a threat to their goal.
Regarding your point about chances created and attempts on goal, it was marginal. But more to the point, had we been playing a team near the top of the table it would be valid. But we were playing a relegation-threatened team. Have our standards and expectations fallen so low that parity with Fulham is acceptable?

I’m not sure why I bother to be honest .
I’m not sure why I put myself through this , year after year .
Every game I think this will happen , that will happen . , that was a brilliant signing, ..we have turned the corner ,... we will light up the league ... other teams won’t be able to live with us ...

Then I end up looking at how well Hojbjerg played . Controlling the line , winning the ball ..... deep in our half of the field , while we are at home , against Fulham !

Don’t get me wrong , I m not having a go at Fulham, not putting them down , They deserved more than their point . I fact if they had not been so keen to Time waste at the end they might have won .

I don’t understand the team selection .
I don’t understand the sub selection .
I don’t understand the tactical approach .
Why is Harry playing also deep?
We have players who can play there .

If he has to play there , in the Lampard role , then why not put a centre forward up top.
We do have one . He was top scorer in his league last year .

Why play a defensive midfielder, wide on the right ?
We all know that’s not his best position .

Why play an attacker (that plays wide on the right ) against Marine , then don’t play him against a side that could , and should have been attacked down the wing .

We need someone that is going to bring the ball out of defence and play it forward . Why have him sitting on the bench ?

Not having a ball carrier and not having Toby to deliver the long pass , leaves us not bothering to go forward , except on the off chance our opponents let us counter attack .

Why attack and score in a certain way , exposing the opponents weakness , then never do it again in the whole match .

We seem to be developing the same engineered problems the national team have . It doesn’t matter how poorly you are playing ,
, don’t worry , you will still be selected for the next one .
It doesn’t seem to matter how hard they try in training , they are not going to be selected . .

Roll on the next game .

Sheffield United won’t be able to live with us !

Last edited:
I don’t think even Aurier knows where he was .

I just re watched their goal to see what Aurier was up to. He was there but did SFA. He just ambled over and watched , pathetic.

Yep, Aurier just let that guy run past him. Dier's lack of spring was worrying as well.

Did you notice Sissoko just stop dead and watch it all unfold whereas Ndombele got intelligently back into the 18 yard box in case there was a rebound? Winks had also gone to near post to block a low cross. The extremes of football intelligence.

Bloody hell, all the posts on here are so right, so where do I start?

My thoughts of our season so far, esp "those games" the ones dropping points from winning positions, 10 pts....

Reading the body language...
This Spurs squad is not a happy bunch.
I believe the players are not up for it.
Don't want to play this way.
The players have a Fear! of losing.
The publicity of "we are a happy squad" is complete and utter bullshit.
JM is a Has-been, no plan B, living on his past reputation.

In general the above thoughts, cover...
No ambition on the players part.
Generally affecting the way they play.
Players being played the wrong way, position wise.
Asked to do to much.
Afraid to take a risk.
I could go on about the players.

My biggest suggestion I have is "JM get the fuck out of my club" you are a Has-been, to afraid to play attacking football, and add the clean-sheet scenario/demands we are going nowhere, attack and score goals to win games, stop sitting back, if we concede we concede that's fine, the Wham result was a footballing freak it happens sometimes in football.

I am sick n tired of what is going on, and am very angry, plus am also rambling.