• WIn

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bale has not looked like frightening anyone, he is coasting because he does not trust his body. Sissoko and Hoj are the only two apart from Kane that match other elevens for brawn and aggression

Maybe he has to be playing to start to scare anyione...he wont scare them sitting on the ferckin bench....because he is not given any sort of game time to build up his confidence and match fitness......he has his skill and brain you know, that does not diappear..

Well maybe I'm in a minority here then but for me if we won the league cup and finished outside the top 6 I'd put that down as a successful season. The last 10 years we've played some good football but have literally nothing to show for it, for me the best moment in my life as a Spurs fan was winning the league cup in 2008, says it all.

Jose wont be here in 2 years time so like I've said from the off the football wont be the best but if he wins us some trophies he's done his job.

Next manager to come in will be a long term project, I can guarantee that.
Scott, I fully recognise where you are coming from with us deprived fans. But I really don't have an issue with failing whilst trying rather than not trying at all. Right now, I would be a happy fan of Everton, Leicester, United (typical outsiders) watching my team and hoping for a good run in a cup. We reached the Carabao final with effectively 4 x Byes and I am not confident by April the team is not ripped apart or so pi$$ed off fighting our internal issues than having to face CITY!

Shame that we never get our business/football model right. If Poch had won us ANY tin pot, playing the way we were, everything will have been hunky dory! We came close twice.

Scott, I fully recognise where you are coming from with us deprived fans. But I really don't have an issue with failing whilst trying rather than not trying at all. Right now, I would be a happy fan of Everton, Leicester, United (typical outsiders) watching my team and hoping for a good run in a cup. We reached the Carabao final with effectively 4 x Byes and I am not confident by April the team is not ripped apart or so pi$$ed off fighting our internal issues than having to face CITY!

Shame that we never get our business/football model right. If Poch had won us ANY tin pot, playing the way we were, everything will have been hunky dory! We came close twice.

I wouldn't have an issue with that if we were a Leicester or Everton but we are SPURS. We deserve so much more than finishing top 4 every season with nothing to show for it. I want to see the likes of Hugo, Toby, Son, Kane etc. lifting a trophy. Because lets be honest in 2 years time most of those players wont be with us, I'd feel sick if Kane left us without a trophy to show for it.

Sky and BBC have their keeper Mom not me.
Our chances were not marginal against theirs, ours were more numerous and clear cut. We hit the post also. There was no parity, we should have scored more but failed on this occasion. I'm not accepting Sissoko was not a threat, he had weaved his way through and got close.
Are we talking about the same Sissoko chance? The one I'm referring to was in the 83rd minute. He picked up the ball from about 10m outside the penalty area and went on a run into the penalty area until he overran the ball and it went out for a goal kick. How can that be close? He didn't even get a shot away. And it was on his left foot so if he had, god knows where it would have ended up.

Are we talking about the same Sissoko chance? The one I'm referring to was in the 83rd minute. He picked up the ball from about 10m outside the penalty area and went on a run into the penalty area until he overran the ball and it went out for a goal kick. How can that be close? He didn't even get a shot away. And it was on his left foot so if he had, god knows where it would have ended up.

From memory it was right at the start of the second half.

Tbf to the manager he was brought in because of his pedigree and a desire by the Board and also a fair amount of the Fanbase to win something, anything really, if only to shut up our detractors.

It was a risky decision to replace a person so loved with someone who had been reviled by us for such a long time but presumably those who took it did so with a heavy reliance on human nature and the fickleness of fans, who tend to forgive/forget whenever a trophy or two are forthcoming.

I didn't buy into the idea of success with the introduction of either Mourinho or Bale, mostly because I believed their best days are behind them and partly down to the fact that I don't believe in the tooth fairy anymore.

I won't litter the debate with empty clichés (oops too late) like 'be careful what you wish for' or I told you so', however I still think this manager should be allowed to complete a full season with the players of his choosing and see where we end up afore calling him before the dock even though watching us play is like pulling teeth atm.

It really is up to him to prove us doubters wrong and nothing would make me more happy....honest Guv.:tophat:

I wouldn't have an issue with that if we were a Leicester or Everton but we are SPURS. We deserve so much more than finishing top 4 every season with nothing to show for it. I want to see the likes of Hugo, Toby, Son, Kane etc. lifting a trophy. Because lets be honest in 2 years time most of those players wont be with us, I'd feel sick if Kane left us without a trophy to show for it.

Get ready to feel sick, they'll be gone in the summer.

The chance they are talking about with Sissoko was in the 47th or 48th min, careered through to within 4 or 5 yds of their gk then allowed one of their defenders to tackle him, I think that's right anyway.

That's the one. The defender was praised by the pundits on tv for an excellent tackle, if he hadn't got it right it was a pen. I thought Sissoko was going to shoot but he carried on and got very close. It was almost like a Ricky Villa moment.

Would've been my reply to Scott too. I just don't believe there is a happy camp at the club. Be it personality clashes, style disapproval, selections bewilderment, bench choice. I just don't see a 'glow' in any of the faces. Apart from a brief delight expressed during a goal, the celebrations for which are muted, they all seem very much a collection of iRobots. Compare that to a collective @ Fulham.

Would've been my reply to Scott too. I just don't believe there is a happy camp at the club. Be it personality clashes, style disapproval, selections bewilderment, bench choice. I just don't see a 'glow' in any of the faces. Apart from a brief delight expressed during a goal, the celebrations for which are muted, they all seem very much a collection of iRobots. Compare that to a collective @ Fulham.

I dont think Winks and Dele are happy but neither is performing so I put the ball in their court. Aurier is not good enough so I dont care if he is happy or not, probably happy to be stealing a living. Toby and Dier are happy. Davies should be, I believe Reggie is. Sissoko should be. Ndombele should be the amount of game time he is getting. Son loves it here. Kane may be in two minds if it's right to stay but he is very professional. Lloris is 34 and if he wants to go I wouldn't question it. Loco is injured too much but I think he is happier than he was. I think Moura is happy but does ot matter ? Hojbjerg I think is happy apart from being disappointed with the teams lapses. Rodon probably ain't happy with his game time, Vinnie likewise.

I dont think Winks and Dele are happy but neither is performing so I put the ball in their court. Aurier is not good enough so I dont care if he is happy or not, probably happy to be stealing a living. Toby and Dier are happy. Davies should be, I believe Reggie is. Sissoko should be. Ndombele should be the amount of game time he is getting. Son loves it here. Kane may be in two minds if it's right to stay but he is very professional. Lloris is 34 and if he wants to go I wouldn't question it. Loco is injured too much but I think he is happier than he was. I think Moura is happy but does ot matter ? Hojbjerg I think is happy apart from being disappointed with the teams lapses. Rodon probably ain't happy with his game time, Vinnie likewise.
I think individually you'd expect the happy/unhappy state, but collectively I I don't see it. I don't see many smiles, much communication and certainly the goal celebrations seem a little isolated too. I recognise that some folks have a miserable demeanour (e.g., ND always looking in pain, Sanchez a look of nervous wreck). I get the impression it's the drilled regimented preparation that's getting to them. Been said many times, apart from 2 or 3 players, the rest are performing very rigidly - fear of mistakes. There was more flair in evidence v Marine as the pressure was off.

Bloody hell, all the posts on here are so right, so where do I start?

My thoughts of our season so far, esp "those games" the ones dropping points from winning positions, 10 pts....

Reading the body language...
This Spurs squad is not a happy bunch.
I believe the players are not up for it.
Don't want to play this way.
The players have a Fear! of losing.
The publicity of "we are a happy squad" is complete and utter bullshit.
JM is a Has-been, no plan B, living on his past reputation.

In general the above thoughts, cover...
No ambition on the players part.
Generally affecting the way they play.
Players being played the wrong way, position wise.
Asked to do to much.
Afraid to take a risk.
I could go on about the players.

My biggest suggestion I have is "JM get the fuck out of my club" you are a Has-been, to afraid to play attacking football, and add the clean-sheet scenario/demands we are going nowhere, attack and score goals to win games, stop sitting back, if we concede we concede that's fine, the Wham result was a footballing freak it happens sometimes in football.

I am sick n tired of what is going on, and am very angry, plus am also rambling.
Your not rambling PY,, I feel exactly as you do. You summed it up perfectly. i dont care if he wins us the Moose cup or whatever they call it now, Mourihno is only interested in his own ego,Iv had enough.

We are utterly and completely naffed. JM looks lost. The players look utterly flipping useless.

I don't see this team winning shit and I think we will be on the outside looking in for EL much less CL....

I can easily see us around 10th

Ya know, there's an appropriate time to do that, and I know the pressure to not burst everyone's bubble when they've got some fake-high they think they're riding. But I would prolly wait until at least after the Winter Window is closed before bring that whole thing up. You were good on the Dele thing, that took some resolve, you were certainly better than I, even if my hints went whoosh over the skulls.... But this one will just hurt way too much, so ssshhh.....

Not even sure what he was doing there .
As you say , nobody knows where the ball would have ended up .
The other one , where he ‘weaved ‘ passed defenders , Messi style , !... he then dithered before shooting . That would also have been on his left foot .