Match Thread - Tottenham Hotspur vs Brentford FC - Carabao Cup | Vital Football

Match Thread - Tottenham Hotspur vs Brentford FC - Carabao Cup

As far as I can make out , it’s definitely a one leg game , with extre time and penalties if required .
We should have no problems really . It won’t be a walk over and our strongest team will be needed . ,

Jose will be well up for this

They will in all probability be a Premiership side next season, but so are WBA and Fulham who they finished behind last season. Any thoughts that they should represent a genuine threat are imaginary, provided that we field a strong team. With the Villa fixture a further week away, and non league opposition in between, I don't see us messing this one up, either in team selection or on the field.

Their manager is smart tactically and they play well so it’s not going to be an easy game in my view...full concentration and application for the whole game required....think it will go to Extra Time and pens.

Their manager is smart tactically and they play well so it’s not going to be an easy game in my view...full concentration and application for the whole game required....think it will go to Extra Time and pens.

Agree. They can not be taken lightly. They had a good run for the promotion places last year and are amongst the leading pack this time round too. Second best in Goals scored (36) and not too shabby defending either.

Strongest team please. As Vinnie Jones says in the ad...."no messing about" !

I think it will be a tough game, but I can see us winning it in a very good manner esp if our mindset is correct, and knowing this game will be Brentfords "Cup Final" esp playing at our Stadium.

So lads, don't expect to turn up and win, respect them, take it as a tough game, show them why we are a top Prem side and let em have it, thus a very good WIN!

One thing our manager is great at is doing his homework on these types of sides. They could easily find themselves playing well and be 2-0 down at half time. Leeds was probably the best warmup match we could have had for the Brentford semi and we should be able to just pick up where we left off tactically.

The only concern is that I have a feeling Jose is patching a few of them up to get out there on the pitch.

Jose I'm sure selects his team and his tactics according to how difficult he views a fixture to be. Hence the negative selection and game plan we often see against the top teams, or in away games against other PL teams who are considered likely to be difficult to beat. Conversely when a team like Leeds comes along, whose style of play suits our game, there is a far greater willingness to play on the front foot.
He will know going into the Brentford game that although they are well positioned in the Championship, and have had a decent cup run, they are not in the same class as us. Given that it is an important game though, I'm sure that he will field a strong team capable of winning easily.
I don't think we'll be seeing any 'hold on to what we've got' football from Spurs in this one, that'll be saved for Villa next week.

One thing our manager is great at is doing his homework on these types of sides. They could easily find themselves playing well and be 2-0 down at half time. Leeds was probably the best warmup match we could have had for the Brentford semi and we should be able to just pick up where we left off tactically.

The only concern is that I have a feeling Jose is patching a few of them up to get out there on the pitch.

My bet is they'll outplay us possesion wise and style wise, the key will be if we can finish the few chances we'll get. They will play on the front foot and bring the game to us. They are resiliant and play attractive football, but they're also not easy to beat.