MATCH THREAD … The NLD 28/4/24 Home | Page 21 | Vital Football

MATCH THREAD … The NLD 28/4/24 Home

Hojberg scored and Romero missed the two headers.
I'm beginning to sound like a wound up record now. We're just so predictable, that makes us far too easy to nullify. Thing is they don't have to do very much cos we suck at anything that could be defined as defensive in the game. I'm just so tired of it all.

I'm beginning to sound like a wound up record. We're just so predictable that makes us far too easy to nullify. Thing is they don't have to do very much cos we suck at anything that could be defined as defensive in the game. I'm just so tired of it all.

We suck at attack lately. Son has lost his form as he does every season and it's having a huge impact. We are losing, obviously, because we are not scoring like we did.

Son is where our attack goes to die atm.

And we are an attacking team.

as soon as Hojberg started I knew this was curtains on getting 4th and in tandem the women failing to beat a team they should and getting a frantic draw becos of Ange ball which they neither cannot play that well

Unfortunately, he sanctioned the purchase of a bunch of players who are never going to be able to do that.
They are cut from a different cloth. The one we have he didn't start.
To me, and from day one, he seems like one of these people who talk a good game. He doesn't seem to be able to transfer that onto the pitch.
People go on about seeing improvements in the squad and our performances. I cant see that many TBH.

That's going to help us win games moving forward? The game was already lost. You know, the NLD.

I get it, you don't like the manager. And I respect that opinion. My opinion is we don't have any other options other than to stick with him and allow him to build a team that works for the club in the sense it is an attacking squad. If he buys defenders like VdV then I am all for it because that will give us flexibility in the future in terms of having a good base to build from. Whether or not he is successful we will be heading in the righ direction.

We cannot underestimate the damage Levy has done to this club in terms of the ability to hire quality managers. Ange is the first since Levy supposedly stepped back.

He is like Moyes at United. The first under a complete regime change. Whether or not he becomes a sacrificial lamb is 18 months away. I hope he doesn't. It would be refreshing for a manager of his ilk to be successful. And very enjoyable.

So we can whine about everything this season or just sit back and enjoy the good moments. That's what I plan on doing.

... & yet somehow we found ourselves 3-0 down after 39 mins. The fastest treble of the season i'm hearing.
2 of those 3 goals though SP came from very poor defending on corners.

I get the frustration. I’m pretty pissed off myself but we were the better side for the majority of that game imo.

There were a fair few positives for me. On another day Romero has 2 or 3 goals. We are used to seeing Sonny put his one big chance away (when clean through)

Bottom line. Our defending on corners has cost us the game.

At least we were more aggressive and savvy on their corners in the 2nd half.

Maybe the penny has dropped!

Sadly, it went as I expected.

Great that we almost made a comeback, but once again, I can only bemoan our lack of tactical preparation (it's too easy to predict our pattern of play and too easy for smart coaches to counter our approach), our lack of leadership and our lack of footballing intelligence, all combined to lose us this game.

We are an almost team, our end of points tally will make that clear.

I'm bitter, I'm frustrated, and I'm angry at the manner of our loss, but I still see no other choice but to let this play out and for Ange to get the squad that can afford him and the players no excuses. Now is not the time for a knee jerk reaction.

And besides, I'm almost a tad drunk. so have a good night all.

Our time will come again.

Last edited:

I get the frustration. I’m pretty pissed off myself but we were the better side for the majority of that game imo.

There were a fair few positives for me. On another day Romero has 2 or 3 goals. We are used to seeing Sonny put his one big chance away (when clean through)

It's always after the damage is done Sherry.

Honestly i applaud your optimism but i can't unsee what is nothing short of a shambles. Nothing in what he does makes sense to me any more & that let me tell you is dangerous ground to be standing on.

It's always after the damage is done Sherry.

Honestly i applaud your optimism but i can't unsee what is nothing short of a shambles. Nothing in what he does makes sense to me any more & that let me tell you is dangerous ground to be standing on.
Their two corner goals wouldn't have happened if they'd been some leadership and Vicario could learn to fucking man up. they were pathetic goals to let in.

I purposefully didn't read any comments on this thread, so as not to colour my own comments.
I personally thought we were by far the better team.
Our sucker punch each time is an inability to defend set pieces.
Heck we had one of those millimetre goals disallowed, we hit the post and scored two against a 'Park the Bus' and put your sports bags on the goal line team.
Oliver had to be told to give us, a pen, as usual he, was giving us nowt.
But for me we were the much better team, and desreverd much more against a team whose tactic was to lump it up the pitch and see what happens in the foot race.
We gave em that game.
For me 'the old stagers let us down, and to a degree Arse tried to play them as our weakness, and it worked.
But we were in it until the end and that' off side 'was never off.
I'm not putting our team down on a game, where we were much and I mean much better.

Arsenal were in complete control, however they got the ball, we never really worried them till last 15 minutes.

Huff and puff with no real pattern of play in final third, all slow and ponderous passing.

Why he's thrown sarr out the side is beyond me.