Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City | Page 29 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City

Just when you think the refereeing can’t get any worse along comes Mr Boyeson. Well done to our players for keeping their cool. If Lee Johnson’s got any integrity he’ll leave Wyke, McLaughlin and Power out of his next squad.

Without wishing to sound wise after the event, can we start having a bit more positivity on here and give our ailing players the support they deserve?

As I have said on a couple of occasions, we are still very much in the hunt for automatic promotion. The games are running out, but the other sides are now catching up with us in terms of games played - the wall we hit seven or eight games ago is now there for other sides. It is still possible to get some of the injured players back and possibly firing before the end of the season - a rested Liam Bridcutt and Harry Anderson could have a big influence, and Walsh and Grant are not totally out of things.

There will be more twists and turns yet, lots of them.

We were on our arses before the match, but I liked what I saw today on the pitch. Burge was certainly the busier of the two keepers. Good to see that we can win some headers. Wyke was anonymous to be honest. I did worry though everytime Mcgeady got on the ball. Poole managed him pretty well to be fair. I will take Morton not getting into the game much, if he can score like that.

Without wishing to sound wise after the event, can we start having a bit more positivity on here and give our ailing players the support they deserve?

As I have said on a couple of occasions, we are still very much in the hunt for automatic promotion. The games are running out, but the other sides are now catching up with us in terms of games played - the wall we hit seven or eight games ago is now there for other sides. It is still possible to get some of the injured players back and possibly firing before the end of the season - a rested Liam Bridcutt and Harry Anderson could have a big influence, and Walsh and Grant are not totally out of things.

I hope Walsh comes back but I thought we were now without Grant for the rest of the season ?

A terrific performance and quality match. Much improved in defence. We had the better chances. Bramhall storming down the wing. He even made a tackle. Very strong from all three in midfield.

I'll enjoy being on a level footing with Sunderland, and justifiably so. That's never happened in my lifetime. Bit of faith restored today.

A much better performance today where everyone had a decent game and earned a well deserved point which could easily been three. Play like that for the remaining games and we will not be far away.

Well posted Scotty. Could not have put it better ......really I couldnt'

Well, that was more like it. You could say it was a fair result, but on the other hand we could have won, and looked the more likely of the two sides to do so the more the game went on. I thought Sunderland looked rather limited - unless we made them look like that - as they were mainly just lumping the ball forward late on. But Jackson and Montsma, and the rest of the back four plus Palmer were all excellent, with Bridcutt as usual doing some good defensive work to help out.

We were also very good in midfield, with McGrandles my man of the match.

Weakest link today was Johnson, and it's maybe not such a bad thing his absence from the side next week will be forced. I was also thinking Morton was not doing much better when he really showed what he was capable of with the goal.

I assume Eyoma would have been on at some point for either Jackson or Montsma if we'd had a game on Tuesday night.

You could criticise (as some have) Bramall for not clearing the ball further before they scored, but otherwise he did well. He does look a bit of a one-trick pony though going forward compared to Edun in the same position.