Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City | Page 28 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City

i enjoyed that. Good game of football. We stood up well to Sunderland, good performances all over the pitch. I felt Sunderland were playing their own game, rather than trying to spoil ours, unlike teams we've played lately. Happy with a point. Palmer played well, commanded his area. Full backs were much improved. Edun did well, and nice to see Morton get a goal. A confidence boost for the players and the supporters. Well done lads.

Excellent performance today. Should give players some confidence. Really thrilled for them.

And considering the close situation at the bottom, 1 win sees us clear of relegation, but possibly if those 6 teams have to play one another, we may already be safe .....

i enjoyed that. Good game of football. We stood up well to Sunderland, good performances all over the pitch. I felt Sunderland were playing their own game, rather than trying to spoil ours, unlike teams we've played lately. Happy with a point. Palmer played well, commanded his area. Full backs were much improved. Edun did well, and nice to see Morton get a goal. A confidence boost for the players and the supporters. Well done lads.

A goal out of nothing, too ; like hen's teeth for us.

Richly deserved at least 1 point on that performance, hopefully dampen down the gloom and doom of the last few days, we are still quite clearly in contention.

Full backs both had good games bar Bramall's poor clearance, and if he'd put his foot through that chance. Midfield 3 all excellent, Bridcutt motm for me. Great work by Morton for his goal.

Excellent performance today. Should give players some confidence. Really thrilled for them.

And considering the close situation at the bottom, 1 win sees us clear of relegation, but possibly if those 6 teams have to play one another, we may already be safe .....

No team in any league has made 62 points in a season and been relegated (bar off the field sanctions of course)

Perhaps we shouldnt be surprised... we always play well away.

If only all our games were away

Richly deserved at least 1 point on that performance, hopefully dampen down the gloom and doom of the last few days, we are still quite clearly in contention.

Full backs both had good games bar Bramall's poor clearance, and if he'd put his foot through that chance. Midfield 3 all excellent, Bridcutt motm for me. Great work by Morton for his goal.

Wrong foot. Pity he can't switch feet like Rogers 😉. Class act, that lad.

Perhaps we shouldnt be surprised... we always play well away.

If only all our games were away
Maybe that's why we changed the name of Sinny Bank...?

With a break before the next game, a chance to get the new intake more on method?

Come on you Imps!!!!!

I don't like humming and hawing about whether Wyke committed enough fouls to be sent off or whether McLaughlin should have been (that would have been a certain red card in Spain :) the Guardia Civil would probably have arrested him too) because they're all a bit here and there.

They could say (and will be doing) that Jackson committed two blatant fouls in the first half that could have led to a red card and a penalty.

In the end we came from a goal down against a team that has good players and is physically strong, albeit not especially inventive, and after our goal we outplayed them. A pity one of the two fantastic chances didn't go in but a draw was probably fair overall.

Scully made a difference, and McGrandles was super, as was Edun for the most part.

We also looked far less susceptible at the back apart from when our players were tackling each other.