Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City

Playing much better. Probably asking too much but we did score 3 in the last twenty against Ipswich and both goals against Posh came late.

Very droll, but you're making the mistake of believing any positive result can only ever be ground out with sh**e football. Winning and playing well are not mutually exclusive.

Actually that's a strawman you have invented on my behalf....

I don't *think* I am, just that winning and entertaining aren't related (or I guess more accurately in my case I am far more entertained when we win?)

Would I rather the Imps play blistering attacking football and winning 4-1 every week, for sure that's the dream of every fan isn't it? A dream time for any fan of any team to be in and enjoy (and hence why Graham Taylor's time is so revered imho)

Would I rather grind out 1-0 after 1-0 than watch superb games of football in which we lose 4-3 week in week out? Absolutely, I can watch football on the telly in which I have no stake whatsoever if I want to find entertainment.

I think yours is a laudable (and much more uplifting!) approach but I don't think it will survive a long losing streak "among the majority"

We looked overawed and gave them far too much respect in the first half. Compounded by hideous errors.

Improved second half.