Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City | Vital Football

Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
"I think that we have shown in the last two home games that we can beat anyone in this league.":

"I think that we have shown in the last two home games that we can beat anyone in this league if we play as we have lately. Transfer the progressive, inventive attacking play from home to the away matches will give us our best chance of three points. Sunderland might not expect it."

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...games-that-we-can-beat-anyone-in-this-league/

You Don't Know What You're Doing - Sunderland v Lincoln City:

Information about today's match officials.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/you-dont-know-what-youre-doing-sunderland-v-lincoln-city/

MA: "The players know that we're always striving to be better.":

Summary of the press conference with Michael Appleton.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/ma-the-players-know-that-were-always-striving-to-be-better/

"Dinosaur. Pointless. Not respected. Not suitable." (Who Are Ya?):

"Dinosaur. Pointless. Not respected. Not suitable. All subject to change of course if he does well."

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/dinosaur-pointless-not-respected-not-suitable/

Have been in N Yorkshire for a couple of days, trecking around the National Park and the coast. Staying at a pub/hotel where the owner is originally from Market Deeping and is a massive Peterborough fan. He has kept a very low profile. Not far for us, we will be setting off after a huge breakfast. Feels a bit like a later round cup game. At 3.00 pm City will be playing at the Stadium of Light, in the League. Still seems a bit unreal.

Come on you Imps. Safe journey to all.

It'll be a tad quieter on here today - well from me anyway.

I'll be taking my lad to this game, so hope to see a few of you there - seats are block P22, row 20, seats 364 and 365; if they remain allocated. Feel free to say hello...

Come on you Imps!!!!!!!!!!!!©

It'll be a tad quieter on here today - well from me anyway.

I'll be taking my lad to this game, so hope to see a few of you there - seats are block P22, row 20, seats 364 and 365; if they remain allocated. Feel free to say hello...

Come on you Imps!!!!!!!!!!!!©
Currently at Wetherby services on the coach.
I'll look out for you in the ground.

Morning, Team Match Thread! Likely to be quiet on here but very noisy Up North.....

Come on you Imps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry Hither I will be with you on the match thread. After attending the last two home games and wanting to attend the re-arranged Bolton game which is more important I have had to give this one a miss to keep my Mrs Brownie points up to scratch.

Anyone heading to a pub near the stadium before the match?

Will arrive at the stadium in about an hour.

Safe journey all, and enjoy the match! Price of train tickets ensured I couldn't get up from London for it!

Train ticket prices are so ridiculous.
Before privatisation, trains were nearly always my method of travel to matches.
Now, even just me on my own in a car is way cheaper than going by train. And I'm guaranteed a seat too.

Luxembourg by comparison has made all public transport free! I know it's only the size of one of our counties, but it at least shows a wholly different attitude to transport. (They also have a fixed pump price for fuel as far as I could tell when I've been there).

Anyway, arrived in Sunderland. Parked up awaiting their free park and ride buses. Now that's a good service..

Train ticket prices are so ridiculous.
Before privatisation, trains were nearly always my method of travel to matches.
Now, even just me on my own in a car is way cheaper than going by train. And I'm guaranteed a seat too.

Luxembourg by comparison has made all public transport free! I know it's only the size of one of our counties, but it at least shows a wholly different attitude to transport. (They also have a fixed pump price for fuel as far as I could tell when I've been there).

Anyway, arrived in Sunderland. Parked up awaiting their free park and ride buses. Now that's a good service..

LNER too i'm guessing? If so you'd have thought there would be opportunities for offers.