Match Thread: Shrewsbury Town v Lincoln City | Page 3 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Shrewsbury Town v Lincoln City

Does anyone know what's happening with Morton, and Soule for that matter? Presumably both still out for a while but I haven't heard anything about timeframes.

6 outfield changes and at least one if not two changes of position on top of that for us - 10 changes for them.

Whatever happens tonight I would say not too much can be read into how it will affect the league game next week. I daresay we won't see either side trying any funky set pieces to avoid the danger of giving anything away.

We have named only five subs including one keeper, and I doubt whether MA will want to risk Grant, Walsh or Hopper unless unavoidable. That just leaves Cann.

So Captain Harry again or maybe McGrandles? And is McGrandles in central holding midfield or maybe its Howarth?

Roughan centre back?

So:??

Palmer
Gotts Eyoma Roughan Melbourne
Howarth McGrandles Johnson
Anderson Scully Elbow

??

gotts, scully, johnson, anderson, howarth, elbouzedi. as with the plymouth cup game, we are a bit lacking in heading ability/physical presence for when they bring up their defenders for set pieces...

Hopes for tonight -
Good performances and work out from the fringe players
No injuries

A decent result would be a bonus but not a priority for me

A bit over the top with the not wanting anyone of our best players to play.
Sods law someone will get injured but then so might they doing a weights session!

Squads win things and the squad players being abandoned with the academy would have not made sense. Morale and all being in it together is important.

Sensible but strong team that should be capable of winning.

When the next round comes we may be crying out for a competitive match for a number of our players... or an extra few quid.