Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Lincoln City | Page 5 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Lincoln City

so we are still weighing up our options. how long does it take to judge a player's quality?
from the player's point of view, he has spent the whole of pre-season on trial, and been on tour. in so doing he has been prevented from going anywhere else on trial. imo, it doesn't look good for our club if we now send him back to heybridge after tuesday... with just a week before the window closes. i hope the player agreed to all this, and didn't want to trial at, or sign for any other club.
Well i think he will sign and just the deal to be done next week!

Classic Cowley under the imps away performance for me.
1-0 win scored by a giant defender from a corner.
Much better than last week, the system worked for the 65-70 minutes we used it playing 343/5212/523 lol!
Akinde was a bit of disappointment especially in the first half, he's behind the others but one run in the second half where he turned a defender who bounced off him was more like what expect of him.
McCartan looked promising on first showing and O'Connor showed his class when he came on.
Great turnout from us.
On to next week with the quality we have very hopeful of another good season.

Maybe it's part of DC's 'character assessment', seeing how he responds to being an unused substitute :unsure:

It all makes sense now!

as he is under contract - i am going to assume that we have taken over his soccer salary and any other part time salary he had, and paid for his accommodation and or travel for the month he has been with us. then we can dick him around by not using him in a friendly.

Interesting switch to the three at the back. A blind side for the watching Northampton scouts whilst testing it for later in the season or will we actually go with it next week?

How well did Chapman do today?
Very good in combination with Freck.
Looked better than last week and lasted the pace better today.
Freck was like he turned the clock back real all action display from him.
Wouldn't want to be the Cowleys this next week picking the starters for next week, so many options when everyone is fit and firing.

Very good in combination with Freck.
Looked better than last week and lasted the pace better today.
Freck was like he turned the clock back real all action display from him.
Wouldn't want to be the Cowleys this next week picking the starters for next week, so many options when everyone is fit and firing.
Thanks.

What a wonderful problem to have.....

Overall a very good run out we looked very composed on the ball and played out from the back very well
Not sure if that’s the starting line up for next week but certainly looking very promising
Thought Chapman played very well again so has done enough to get in the starting 11 next week imo
Uti

The biggest dilemma for me is Akinde or Rhead. For all the hype about him Akinde has been pretty poor. Rhead has done well when he has come on. If Akinde isn't match fit he shouldn't start even if he is our record signing. You never know Danny may not start with either of them. Either away thank goodness the real football is starting again soon.

The biggest dilemma for me is Akinde or Rhead. For all the hype about him Akinde has been pretty poor. Rhead has done well when he has come on. If Akinde isn't match fit he shouldn't start even if he is our record signing. You never know Danny may not start with either of them. Either away thank goodness the real football is starting again soon.

Agreed that Akinde doesn’t look match fit but still offers more in that first 60 mins than Rhead would and we don’t look as obvious going forward

I respect your opinion but I honestly have not seen Akinde offer anything much when he has played. He certainly hasn't made life difficult for any of the opposing defenders. I know I am on his case a bit but I expected to see a lot more from him considering the investment we have made in him and the long time contract he has been given.
He has shown in the past what he is capable of, and when he is fit and more settled I hope he will proove me wrong and bag a load of goals.
But it is obvious to me he is still well off the pace at the moment and needs to get hell of a lot fitter.

JA is a significant concern to me. No running and no apparent interest. Could not win a challenge. Wants it into his feet but no movement meaning he is easy to mark. Does not appear able to win a header. Wouldn't play him next week on that performance.
this is what my mate eweimps (he was at glanford wearing imps mankini)was saying......akinde off the pace at the moment