Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Lincoln City | Page 2 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Lincoln City

Interesting that Luque is named and not as triallist A ?perhaps he has signed a contract?

It looks like we could be playing 5-3-2. Bostwicks fitness concerns me the most.

Or 5-2-3? I've wanted a manager to at least try that formation since KA showed ot was workable. That would be a big ask of Chapman, but when Bozzie is back i think it's worth considering.

Or 5-2-3? I've wanted a manager to at least try that formation since KA showed ot was workable. That would be a big ask of Chapman, but when Bozzie is back i think it's worth considering.
McCartan looks like one of those that can help out in midfield and then carry it forward on the counter attack. Or play right up front. The link man. Gives us 532 and 523

Is that anywhere near scunthorpe’s First team? Looks a very young side. Although Borthwick has played in the prem for Man U

Interesting that Luque is named and not as triallist A ?perhaps he has signed a contract?

They named all seven trialists on the team sheet at Boston, but interesting that he is the sole survivor. I have to say, I'm not overly surprised - the ratio of trialists to eventual signings must be very low.

Not many there, judging from the pictures on twitter - with the exception of the City fans behind the goal, the stands look deserted.

"23' Scunthorpe attack down the right, the low ball in is cleared at the near post by Waterfall for a corner. The skipper then leaps highest to clear the set piece opportunity."

"27' Up goes Wharton to meet the ball in from the left, it bounces agonisingly wide as Watson does his best to get across his goal line. The Imps fans behind the goal thought that was creeping into the corner."