Match Thread: Salford City v Lincoln City | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Salford City v Lincoln City

Some positives I thought. Look pretty secure at the back and if Sean Roughan is called upon during the season he won't let us down.

Elbouzedi had some decent runs and with a bit of extra composure just might cause L1 defenders some problems this season.

Very early doors but some nagging concerns over whether we will get enough goals I have to say. That final ball not there and when some chances were made not clinical enough. But that's what friendlies are for.

I was just pleased to watch Lincoln play football! Last 20 minutes of the first half was a good glimpse into what we are looking to do I think. The game did the job and clearly we have a lot of rusty players so hopefully in a couple of weeks time our touch and passes will be a lot sharper and we will start to see what the aim is with this team.

I thought Roughan was impressive for a 17 year old. Did not look out of place at all. Good patches from Eyoma and Montsma. Midfield was disappointing. Ross looked solid and some decent kicking. Hopper got in good positions but was wasteful. Elbouzedi was good first half but not so good in the second. Typical, that I said that Scully would be the star this season and there is no glimpse.

Some positives I thought. Look pretty secure at the back and if Sean Roughan is called upon during the season he won't let us down.

Elbouzedi had some decent runs and with a bit of extra composure just might cause L1 defenders some problems this season.

Very early doors but some nagging concerns over whether we will get enough goals I have to say. That final ball not there and when some chances were made not clinical enough. But that's what friendlies are for.
Pretty much agree with all of this. Missed Scully and definitely 1 experienced striker short to complement or challenge Hopper.

no scully, lewis or the possibly left footed Walsh ))) So a bit more to add there.

Very impressed with the left back, especially if he is 17 and that is his first pro game. Also liked the look of Eyoma, and Edun is good when he can get the ball down and pass.

generally the youth players looked a bit closer to first 11 than in past seasons, especially in terms of physical strength. Uti