Match Thread: Salford City v Lincoln City | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Salford City v Lincoln City

Quite promising in some ways. Always difficult to judge friendlies and MA will just be juggling players to see what they can do at this stage. Very interesting looking young striker late on. Looks very willing to put himself about & put defenders under pressure. Overall quite promising. Bolger even impressed me with his calmness & not getting involved when there was one opportunity. Harry looked a bit lost to me - had a couple of chances to get into the box but backed out. Normally comes out fired up early season - perhaps he needs the motivation of proper games 🤔. Also very impressed with Tayo - looks to have bulked up a little & harder to knock off the ball.

I thought he was awful in the second half! Fluffed virtually everything he did- was hoping he was a trialist but .....Early days though so shouldn’t be too unkind.
Thank goodness for that, I thought I was watching a different player? 👀

Some positives I thought. Look pretty secure at the back and if Sean Roughan is called upon during the season he won't let us down.

Elbouzedi had some decent runs and with a bit of extra composure just might cause L1 defenders some problems this season.

Very early doors but some nagging concerns over whether we will get enough goals I have to say. That final ball not there and when some chances were made not clinical enough. But that's what friendlies are for.
It wasn’t the final ball, it was just the finishing. I thought the final ball put us into very good goal scoring positions about 6 or seven times. Hopper had three clear shots, and a clear header in the second half. The triallist had one clear chance. Jones had a clear header. Elbouz got into 3 shooting positions.

Although we don’t have a very high opinion of Salford in these parts, I would be surprised if they’re not at least in the playoffs.
Lack of crowds not going to effect them do much, either from atmosphere or finances

Although we don’t have a very high opinion of Salford in these parts, I would be surprised if they’re not at least in the playoffs.
Lack of crowds not going to effect them do much, either from atmosphere or finances

I think they will be there or thereabouts...

Rumours might suggest Lewis Walters. Just left Altrincham, previously at Forest? 25 and can play cf or wide left or right. His photo has a likeness to the guy who played, but not sure to be honest.

I don’t there is any question our last bit of business will be front players. Typically the most expensive and the good ones are always in high demand.

Rumours might suggest Lewis Walters. Just left Altrincham, previously at Forest? 25 and can play cf or wide left or right. His photo has a likeness to the guy who played, but not sure to be honest.
Not Lewis Walters looking at these photos
20200818_195037.jpg