Match Thread: Salford City v Lincoln City | Page 18 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Salford City v Lincoln City

If you've ever played football to a decent standard you would probably realise just how hard it is to get through your first few pre-season games, physically. You can do all the training you want, you can work on shape, pattern of play, set pieces,everything but it will never replicate getting on the pitch and and actually playing a game. Match fitness is totally different to all the other physical stuff and it takes a bit of time to build that up so its inevitable all the other elements you are trying to put into the match such as your touch, reading of the game etc. will suffer to a degree because of the sheer amount of physical effort you are putting into the game. After a few games things start to become a bit easier as all the pre-season fitness training starts kicking in but the first few games are always a nightmare for players but you will always also have those players who take to pre-season like a duck to water and those who really have to slog it out to reach the desired level of fitness so you have players at different degrees of fitness.
I would never take any indication markers from pre-season games, they mean absolutely nothing good or bad. It's all about putting the graft in on the training pitch and in the games building up to the ultimate, which is the first game of the season.

Rumours might suggest Lewis Walters. Just left Altrincham, previously at Forest? 25 and can play cf or wide left or right. His photo has a likeness to the guy who played, but not sure to be honest.
I really can not see why we would be looking at a player from the conference north? Especially one who hasn’t had a productive season.

I still think we are looking an another Mahoney just not the Connor Mahoney

Anyone know anything about Jovon Makama? Seems to have been at Forest previously but he's not even listed in the academy squad on our website.

Appleton used loads of players today so clearly doesn’t know his best XI. Losing to a league two club. No goals scored.

Appleton already on the edge after this game. If we don’t get a result from the Mansfield pre-season game then times up.

Tick. Tock.

Today didn't really tell us anything that we didn't already know (not that the first pre-season game is the time to draw conclusions!) and that's that we need attacking options. No Scully today so the onus was on Hopper who himself isn't a prolific goalscorer because that's not what he's in the side to do.

Salford had one real chance and scored it via Henderson, who's basically a L1 striker.

I really can not see why we would be looking at a player from the conference north? Especially one who hasn’t had a productive season.

Clive's post earlier, during the match, suggested the commentator calling no 14 Mahoney was inaccurate.

Today didn't really tell us anything that we didn't already know (not that the first pre-season game is the time to draw conclusions!) and that's that we need attacking options. No Scully today so the onus was on Hopper who himself isn't a prolific goalscorer because that's not what he's in the side to do.

Salford had one real chance and scored it via Henderson, who's basically a L1 striker.

A striker who is not in the side to score goals? Have you been on the wacky baccy?

Appleton used loads of players today so clearly doesn’t know his best XI. Losing to a league two club. No goals scored.

Appleton already on the edge after this game. If we don’t get a result from the Mansfield pre-season game then times up.

Tick. Tock.
Should your post have been written in green. Or is it just to wind people up to get a few more clicks?

Just to keep the guessing game going, could it be Hugh O'Mahoney, another Irish youngster from UCD? (probably not since he looks older than 19)