Match Thread: Rotherham United v Lincoln City | Page 31 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Rotherham United v Lincoln City

We're flogging a dead horse here. Let's be honest, Lincoln doesn't have many famous offspring.

I did, however, meet is too stronger word, but I was in the vicinity of Paul Chuckle at Lincoln bowl some years ago as he watched his granddaughter in a tournament.

We're flogging a dead horse here. Let's be honest, Lincoln doesn't have many famous offspring.

That's not fair. There have been a number of very famous people listed above from the City, albeit some being my dad's contemporaries, including the "knight" Sir Neville Marriner, rather than more modern, well known figures. But an Olympic gold medallist (Georgie Twigg) is a very modern example - probably not sufficiently recognised because she was part of a team, rather than individual, sport

Are we opening a discussion as to what being from Lincoln means? I consider myself as from Lincoln but was actually born in Langworth. Do I qualify ( not that I'm famous or anything but just to be a bit pedantic)

Yes I'll have to disqualify myself it seems as an Imp as I was born about 6 miles from Lincoln. Oh well.