Match Thread: Portsmouth v Lincoln City | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Portsmouth v Lincoln City

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn’t any need to be dramatic/sarcastic.

Without fans there is no club. Becoming increasingly apparent that we have zero idea who could be in the squad from week to week.
I get the opposition advantage etc but if people think other teams find out about injuries via a pre match interview then you’re very naive.
Not communicating even the slightest bit of news around injuries creates a minor amount of detachment between the club and the fans.

This season, Adam Jackson’s availability has been like a flip of a coin. One week there, the next no where to be seen.
Very articulate response to a typical smart arse post cdhIMP, I would have been temped to tell him to swivel gently on a blunt instrument but I didn’t bother.

Long term injuries aside, I’d quite like to think that opposition managers haven’t got a clue about our squad fitness until 2pm on a Saturday.

The thing is that opposition teams usually send someone to watch you a week or so before they play you and there won't be much they don't know about you anyway, who is injured, out of form, system and style you play, everything really because that's their full time jobs.

Managers/coaches will take that information in but their main concern will be preparing their own players for how they want to play.

All managers have their own way and preferred way of playing no matter who's available to play or whos fit or not fit and all the other managers know that so it doesn't take an awful lot of working out whoever your playing how your opposite number is going to set up and what their approch to the game will be.

i would hope that we would prepare for games using our strengths rather than prepare the team on the opposition tactics and players. With the data and videos of games available to all and sundry every team knows about every other team. Most of us are just asking for the club to be transparent and honest

Bingham is 100% right here.

I think the only player in our current squad we might want to keep opposition managers guessing about whether they will play is Danny - and his injury record means that is unavoidable anyway! Even MK probably doesn't know until the morning of a game if he is going to be fit.

The rest of the squad do nothing unpredictable, and play to the exact system opposition managers will already know about irrespective of the players selected.

So keeping paying fans of the club in the dark about who is fit and who isn't is just disrespecting the fans. It has absolutely nothing to do with keeping opposition managers guessing.

It is 100% wrong that we still have no idea of the injury both House and Walker are out for so long with. We "think" House has a hip injury. We "think" Walker had a "minor grade one hamstring strain". To my knowledge we have not been told anything other than House is out for 6+ months and Walker for several momths.

And that is just completely wrong and totally disrespectful to the paying supporters of the club - whether through buying tickets to home games, even more so to supporters travelling to away games, and even to fans like me who pay to watch on iFollow.

I think we all know opinions now. Do you think we could stop rewording the same point time after time and move on... or are we waiting for everyone to agree with each other? I don't mean to quash discussion but I'm just so bored of this now - whichever side of the debate you're on aren't you getting bored?

I think we all know opinions now. Do you think we could stop rewording the same point time after time and move on... or are we waiting for everyone to agree with each other? I don't mean to quash discussion but I'm just so bored of this now - whichever side of the debate you're on aren't you getting bored?
That was why I posted what I did - not being a 'smartarse' - just fed up to the back teeth of reading the lyrics of a broken record

You ain't going to get full injury bulletins, so get used to it

Bingham is 100% right here.

I think the only player in our current squad we might want to keep opposition managers guessing about whether they will play is Danny - and his injury record means that is unavoidable anyway! Even MK probably doesn't know until the morning of a game if he is going to be fit.

The rest of the squad do nothing unpredictable, and play to the exact system opposition managers will already know about irrespective of the players selected.

So keeping paying fans of the club in the dark about who is fit and who isn't is just disrespecting the fans. It has absolutely nothing to do with keeping opposition managers guessing.

It is 100% wrong that we still have no idea of the injury both House and Walker are out for so long with. We "think" House has a hip injury. We "think" Walker had a "minor grade one hamstring strain". To my knowledge we have not been told anything other than House is out for 6+ months and Walker for several momths.

And that is just completely wrong and totally disrespectful to the paying supporters of the club - whether through buying tickets to home games, even more so to supporters travelling to away games, and even to fans like me who pay to watch on iFollow.
You really do talk some crap 100%
If you don’t like what the club puts out or doesn’t then go find a club that does.
So tell me this if the club tells you and the couple of other morons on here what the injuries are then what ? What changes ? What are you going to do if all this information comes out ?
what difference is it going to make if you know or not ?
One thing for sure is if you did know you would have to find something else to whinge and moan about but I would put money on it you would find something and quickly.

You really do talk some crap 100%
If you don’t like what the club puts out or doesn’t then go find a club that does.
So tell me this if the club tells you and the couple of other morons on here what the injuries are then what ? What changes ? What are you going to do if all this information comes out ?
what difference is it going to make if you know or not ?
One thing for sure is if you did know you would have to find something else to whinge and moan about but I would put money on it you would find something and quickly.

You can call me a moron if you wish, but I take exception to you calling other people on here morons too. There are many very credible and interesting posters on this forum.

Everyone has their opinion. This is a opinion-orientated board after all, and a forum that brings in an income - thanks to those opinions and Jules - for the club.

I don't agree with every post I read, but would never dream of insulting the poster. They have an interest in LCFC after all, and that is the most important factor at the end of thecday.

If reading an opinion that does not align with your own upsets you too much, then just don't read the forum. Simple as.

You can call me a moron if you wish, but I take exception to you calling other people on here morons too. There are many very credible and interesting posters on this forum.

Everyone has their opinion. This is a opinion-orientated board after all, and a forum that brings in an income - thanks to those opinions and Jules - for the club.

I don't agree with every post I read, but would never dream of insulting the poster. They have an interest in LCFC after all, and that is the most important factor at the end of thecday.

If reading an opinion that does not align with your own upsets you too much, then just don't read the forum. Simple as.
PM me your address and I will send you a towel to dry your eyes.
Again why does the club have to bow down to your demands and AGAIN what does it change if you know about our injury list and the extent of the injuries? Wtf does it change please inform us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.