Match Thread: Portsmouth v Lincoln City | Vital Football

Match Thread: Portsmouth v Lincoln City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Reuters-Fratton-Park-Portsmouth-scaled.jpg

So, a trip to Fratton Park to take on Portsmouth in League One!

Ahead of the match, don't forget to:

- Have a go at the quiz (link below).
- Vote on the poll (link below).
- Read about today's referee (link below).
- Read the Q&A with a Portsmouth supporter (link below).
- Read the summary by @hulloutpost of what Mark Kennedy said in his pre-match press conference (link below).

Following the match, don't forget to:

- Share your views on this thread!
- Nominate your Man of The Match (the thread will be started following the final whistle). Then, of course, vote on the poll once that has been started!

Afternoon all, or just Jules it seems at the moment!!

Will be dipping in and out of todays match as I'm fixing a broken bed at the moment (really don't ask...grown up kids not me). Team sheet seen via the link suggesting a backs to the wall get something on the break selection.
Hope we don't waste Ted Bishop in a wide role and put him more centrally. Haks and Reeco to act as more of a 2??

I'm pleased Reeco has made it. I'm guessing him down the left, Bishop on the right and Adelakun through the middle.

Forward decimation aside, for all the injury problems we are pretty much at full strength in all other departments and can replace from the bench. Just need to work out how to score goals.

Normal defence and midfield with Jackson back being a positive, so that's a decent base to work from.

The front three is obviously a bit of a mish mash and probably won't click, even though Reeco and Bishop are decent players from an individual point of view.

Looks as good as it can
No Mandriou which was our best option for producing something positive going forward
Keep it tight and frustrate them into making mistakes
Good luck City

The line up is as good as expected at the moment and if we pass the ball to feet and avoid long aimless punts to the forwards we may get something from the game. Come on the Imps.

I am not quite sure why anyone thinks Adelakun and Hackett are somehow incapable of scoring. Hackett is actually joint top scorer and eight of today's starting eleven have scored this season. To remind everyone, Walker and House have not scored so far. I appreciate House gives us more than his own goals, but exactly how useless do some people think our players are?

Good morning/afternoon Imps. The coffees hot and here we are. Going to be a tough one today but still looking forward to the Mighty Imps taking it to Portsmouth. Come on City.

Status
Not open for further replies.