Match Thread: Portsmouth v Lincoln City | Page 8 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Portsmouth v Lincoln City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not that sure about that Chimp.

He 100% said that Walker had a grade 1 hamstring pull which is a very minor injury but then ends up that he's going to be out for two months.

Of course, he could be telling porkies and Walkers hamstring is a lot worse than made out or that he has a different injury or the medical team got their initial assessment wrong which making him look a bit of a chump.

He did give details of the House injury and also the length of time he would be out so he is not adverse to giving those sort of details out.

Injuries such as Mandroiu has now may be a lot harder to put a time line on depending on what it is so if I were him I would just be saying what injury he has and that we are not sure when he'll be back, could be short term but we are still assessing the extent of the injury.

If the injuries are long term then just say what they are because those players are out anyway and word gets around so its a bit pointless keeping those sort of injuries under wraps.

Hortin asking question at full time about injuries sustained during a game is also pointless so expect bog standard answers to them because Kennedy genuinely won't know any answer to them, and you couldn't really expect him to either.

To me if it's a long term injury then put it out there because you are just going to frustrate fans with giving no information and if its a short term injury put some information out there initially and just update to whatever extent they need to keep people happy.
With the Walker he had a minor injury. When he had a scan they found something else not related to initial diagnosis.

One of the issues is that every word he says is dissected and analysed and then thrown back in his face.....and he knows this.

If we draw 0-0 you will get someone quoting him saying we were going to be playing an exciting brand of football (18 months ago).

So he says as little as possible.

If you were running Washingborough U7s you would know if your right back had a sore knee and his or her mum wouldn't let them play.....

...so you are telling me MK doesn't know the injury situation?

Your not reading what I put.
Of course he must know the injury situation of players or he's not doing his job right. He has to know players availability to pick the team.

I said if it's a long term injury there's no point in keeping it under wraps as we all now know we won't be sèeing them anytime soon.

If its a short term injury then put out enough information that keeps fans happy.

(There you go jules...press the like button on that.)

Where did this divine right as a football supporter come from to know everything and anything? It's the same with fees paid for players, people think they have a divine right to know what they are.
So fans who travel thousands of miles a year, spend a hell of a lot of money on tickets, fuel and other match day expenses to support the team are not worthy enough to be told the injury situation with the players we are travelling to watch whilst also being told that fans who criticise don’t understand football. I don’t think that is unreasonable and don’t consider it a devine right. I think it’s more about consideration for the clubs supporters to keep them informed and connected to the club.
The current stance reeks of arrogance and ignorance towards the fans who provide the funds to pay the wages and will do long after the current incumbent has moved on

So fans who travel thousands of miles a year, spend a hell of a lot of money on tickets, fuel and other match day expenses to support the team are not worthy enough to be told the injury situation with the players we are travelling to watch whilst also being told that fans who criticise don’t understand football. I don’t think that is unreasonable and don’t consider it a devine right. I think it’s more about consideration for the clubs supporters to keep them informed and connected to the club.
The current stance reeks of arrogance and ignorance towards the fans who provide the funds to pay the wages and will do long after the current incumbent has moved on

I can see it from both sides but don’t forget players are human beings and employees of the club who have a duty of care to look after them. Perhaps they don’t want every detail of their lives publicised by the club. There could be a million reasons. Not so long ago you had ceefax teletext the back page of the echo for information and that only however did we cope!

I can see it from both sides but don’t forget players are human beings and employees of the club who have a duty of care to look after them. Perhaps they don’t want every detail of their lives publicised by the club. There could be a million reasons. Not so long ago you had ceefax teletext the back page of the echo for information and that only however did we cope!
Yep I can totally understand a Lincoln player knocking on the managers door and pleading with him to not tell the fans who pay his wages that he has a thigh strain, a tweaked hammy or torn calf muscle. I can really understand why they would want information like that to be kept a secret.
NOT!

Yep I can totally understand a Lincoln player knocking on the managers door and pleading with him to not tell the fans who pay his wages that he has a thigh strain, a tweaked hammy or torn calf muscle. I can really understand why they would want information like that to be kept a secret.
NOT!
If already know the issue why are you getting so worked up? I think if the club is running at a deficit then the fans are not paying his wages!

To me there is zero reason why MK cannot update supporters via the media about any long term injuries. The Portsmouth manager did it very thoroughly in his pre-match interviews last week, and covered all his injured players - not just long term. Just about every other club does the same.

Even if MK's view is that it is not his department, he is the main spokesman for the club and therefore the main link between the supporters and the club.

Something is seriously wrong on the club's media side if they think their fans either do not want to know the status of injured players or have no right to know.

To me there is zero reason why MK cannot update supporters via the media about any long term injuries. The Portsmouth manager did it very thoroughly in his pre-match interviews last week, and covered all his injured players - not just long term. Just about every other club does the same.

Even if MK's view is that it is not his department, he is the main spokesman for the club and therefore the main link between the supporters and the club.

Something is seriously wrong on the club's media side if they think their fans either do not want to know the status of injured players or have no right to know.

Yeah and surely the likes of jules and chimp could just put their fingers in their ears whilst MK explains who and why are out injured then they'll never have to know anything because not knowing anything and not wanting to know anything and towing the party line somehow makes you a much more principled supporter. The board, the coach and the players will love you forever because you keep your mouth shut and don't hold anyone responsible for anything because you have no right to.

Yeah and surely the likes of jules and chimp could just put their fingers in their ears whilst MK explains who and why are out injured then they'll never have to know anything because not knowing anything and not wanting to know anything and towing the party line somehow makes you a much more principled supporter. The board, the coach and the players will love you forever because you keep your mouth shut and don't hold anyone responsible for anything because you have no right to.
I don't mind people disagreeing with me and others, but when you word it like this, it's out of order.

I can recall The Echo reporting that that Tony James was unavailable for selection due to hemmeroids.We need more transparency.!

I demand a weekly report from the club doctor, detailing all injuries and ailments at the club, along with full details of when & where aquired, length of recovery time and precise return to action date. This should be written by quill pen on parchment and brought to me by liveried messenger boy (or girl).

If the club cannot do this, then it really is too bad and I'll take my support elsewhere

I don't mind people disagreeing with me and others, but when you word it like this, it's out of order.

Morning Jules. I stick with my opinion regarding injuries but it is never my intention to upset or abuse fellow supporters, its just my opinion.

If I have offended you I apologise because I understand your situation and I have private messaged you as you did me.

I demand a weekly report from the club doctor, detailing all injuries and ailments at the club, along with full details of when & where aquired, length of recovery time and precise return to action date. This should be written by quill pen on parchment and brought to me by liveried messenger boy (or girl).

If the club cannot do this, then it really is too bad and I'll take my support elsewhere

There isn’t any need to be dramatic/sarcastic.

Without fans there is no club. Becoming increasingly apparent that we have zero idea who could be in the squad from week to week.
I get the opposition advantage etc but if people think other teams find out about injuries via a pre match interview then you’re very naive.
Not communicating even the slightest bit of news around injuries creates a minor amount of detachment between the club and the fans.

This season, Adam Jackson’s availability has been like a flip of a coin. One week there, the next no where to be seen.

This is when you have to work out what is worse.

Self entitlement or patronising superiority.

Status
Not open for further replies.