Match Thread: Port Vale v Lincoln City | Page 21 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Port Vale v Lincoln City

We might get longer on Quest tonight...

Where did Quest come from and how did they get all the goals to show??
And also how come Sky seem to be showing basically zero live Lge2 games?? Not even a game on a blank Premier/Championship weekend.
And more importantly is the Quest 'stage set' orange or is it red? This question is preventing me sleeping at night

This from a neutral(ish)...

With no Brentford game today and starved of proper football I went to see Port Vale against Liincoln City. Seems like I picked the right match - it was hugely entertaining and finished 6-2 to Lincoln.

Lincoln were fast and direct and dominated the game physically, But they didn't play hoofball. They actually passed it around quite nicely at times, playing out from the back cleverly on occasions. I was very impressed with their work ethic ad their team spirit.. They were hyper-organised and everyone knew what their job was. One or two players caught my eye - Shay McCarten the right sided midfielder did well and scored a fine goal - but it was more the way they played as a cohesive unit that impressed me. They are going to paralyse Leagie 2.

All this led me to wonder if we're being a bit sniffy about the Cowleys. It would be a gamble to appoint them and I think they might quickly alienate Thomas Frank were he to remain as coach. But I have a sneaking feeling they could be the lead in our pencil. I don't think they'd stop us playing football but perhaps they might turn us into winners?

This from a neutral(ish)...

With no Brentford game today and starved of proper football I went to see Port Vale against Liincoln City. Seems like I picked the right match - it was hugely entertaining and finished 6-2 to Lincoln.

Lincoln were fast and direct and dominated the game physically, But they didn't play hoofball. They actually passed it around quite nicely at times, playing out from the back cleverly on occasions. I was very impressed with their work ethic ad their team spirit.. They were hyper-organised and everyone knew what their job was. One or two players caught my eye - Shay McCarten the right sided midfielder did well and scored a fine goal - but it was more the way they played as a cohesive unit that impressed me. They are going to paralyse Leagie 2.

All this led me to wonder if we're being a bit sniffy about the Cowleys. It would be a gamble to appoint them and I think they might quickly alienate Thomas Frank were he to remain as coach. But I have a sneaking feeling they could be the lead in our pencil. I don't think they'd stop us playing football but perhaps they might turn us into winners?
You need to listen to the Cods.

D & N C are no good for you. Lincoln only play hoof ball and hoof the opposition. Appoint somebody else whilst you still play football.

The Imps fans will be true martyrs and accept that our future lies in having this pitiful sight thrust upon us week in, week out. We will endure this, if only to save other club's fans having to endure this.

Please advise your chairman of our heroic sacrifice....

Nurse!!!

More Ardbeg!!!!!!!

Yep definitely. Any clubs who come sniffing need to either go to the cod's or to the stags's. Or to glue or coke. Weirdly enough they all come to the same incorrect conclusion.

But don't go to heroin, that s**t will see the Cowley's gone in seconds.

You need to listen to the Cods.

D & N C are no good for you. Lincoln only play hoof ball and hoof the opposition. Appoint somebody else whilst you still play football.

The Imps fans will be true martyrs and accept that our future lies in having this pitiful sight thrust upon us week in, week out. We will endure this, if only to save other club's fans having to endure this.

Please advise your chairman of our heroic sacrifice....

Nurse!!!

More Ardbeg!!!!!!!

The Cowleys are totally unsuitable to manage any football club other than in the peculiar circumstances at Lincoln that they are perfectly suited to.

Arrived back home after an incredible result. When I saw the teams I thought it would be a tight affair with us probably on top with a late goal. Their defending was bizarre to say the least especially at the set pieces and almost allowing us a free header most of the time. We were good though, very good and played like a team top of the table. I'll celebrate tonight with a couple.

Nah, are they even fit to manage us? 3 seasons on a trot is surely still just luck.
What! Two PE teachers from a 'small' provincial city in charge of a league 2 club, coming up to a Championship club and trying to teach players versed in the near premiership style of play, how to perform!. Yer 'avin a larf!

Just watched the highlights ‘likely lads’ style. What a pleasant surprise. Decent three points ;)

Can’t understand why the freck incident wasn’t deemed a reckless, late challenge. and surely the ref wasn’t playing advantage, because we didn’t gain any advantage.

Compare with green winning a penalty v port vale in the league cup.

Just also seen the highlights, I'll admit I was watching the ball on the live stream so didn't see the challenge on Freck when it happened (nearly, in iFollow time). It was a potential leg-breaker, keeper put his foot in on him. A ref not giving a red and penalty isn't fit for the job.

Fortunately it didn't affect the result, just hope Freck is ok by next weekend.