Match Thread: Peterborough United v Lincoln City | Page 42 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Peterborough United v Lincoln City

PS I wonder if Bridcutt was subbed due to his yellow card, and not wanting to risk him getting sent off?

I should think it was pre-planned to take him after an hour or so, the same as it was to substitute him after 45 minutes of the last game.

All the reporter said was basically ' drama here as Posh given last min pen'. They then showed the replay but nobody had the bollocks to say how shocked they were. Even though their reporter looked slightly stunned!
And that is the problem these days hardly anyone will say what they think for fear of not being pc

I wonder whether Peterborough will do the decent thing and tell Szmodics to face the press to apologise for a shameful piece of cheating?

I know it was a really, really terrible penalty award and I'm not even sure it was a dive, I thought he may just have overrun the ball and fell into Scully, but let's not lose sight of the fact that our team has been accused of this several times this season - often with justification.

Given the state of the game and the clarity of this one it's shocking luck, but none of us can call this out anymore than we can opposition players stealing yards at throw ins.

I know it was a really, really terrible penalty award and I'm not even sure it was a dive, I thought he may just have overrun the ball and fell into Scully, but let's not lose sight of the fact that our team has been accused of this several times this season - often with justification.

Given the state of the game and the clarity of this one it's shocking luck, but none of us can call this out anymore than we can opposition players stealing yards at throw ins.

As much as I agree and my beef is more with the referee than the player, you still can 100 percent call this out haha. As soft touch as a couple of the Brennan J ones were at least he'd got wrong side or something, this is a vastly worse decision and it's not even close.

Stealing a yard at a throw in is unlikely to cost the chance of automatic promotion. Giving a penalty 30 seconds from the end of the game is.

This was a pivotal error.
Could have understood it if fans were in the house, but they weren't.

Conceivably, he's cost us a lot of money. That's what makes it worse in my opinion.

This was a pivotal error.
Could have understood it if fans were in the house, but they weren't.

Conceivably, he's cost us a lot of money. That's what makes it worse in my opinion.

I think that's a good point too - this was without the pressure of a fanbase screaming for everything. Imagine how bad the decisions would be if you added that pressure... Maybe scully would have got straight red

Local 'rivals' gloating over our failure to get automatic promotion when it was very unlikely. Irony is one going down to NL and the other firmly embedded in L1 despite large budget for the last 4 seasons or so. Mind the gap!

About time they started training up the rugby refs to referee football games. They are much better at what they do than half the fuckwits we get.