Match Thread: Peterborough United v Lincoln City | Page 40 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Peterborough United v Lincoln City

Can't pretend I'm not really disappointed after that result. We did enough to win and it was an appalling decision by the ref that cost us. But we're in 4th place in the league and in the play-offs. When the season started I think most of us would have taken lower half safety, and we've had a rollercoaster of a ride including being top for a few weeks. Whatever the outcome our season has exceeded our expectations, and our Chairman tells us we've had a lower half of the table budget, so let's be pragmatic and just enjoy the success the manager and players have brought, while at the same time regret that we've not been in the stands to be part of it

And it's not all over. Who knows what the next few matches may achieve? Having started my LCFC "career" watching us play in Div 2, it would be great to see us back there. But even if we start next season it League 1, expectations will now be high, and at least we hope to fill the stands, whatever the outcome. And whatever the outcome, we will still be Imps!!

PS I wonder if Bridcutt was subbed due to his yellow card, and not wanting to risk him getting sent off?

This game will be included an a few years time as part of an investigation into fraud and corruption in the game .We know it exists and its time it was stopped .

Yep.
Remember Everton 0 Wimbledon 2 at half time last game of season. Everton about to be relegated.
Full time Everton 3 Wimbledon 2.
Hmmmm
All the signs of cash at that one.
And Fash was later found out on "cash involvement" I think?

And not forgetting our other ex players Delroy & Moses.

We got very snobbish in this country about the corruption in Italian football. It goes on here just as much.

Genuinely think there's a bit of centre of attention, give the big decision Billy big bollocks from Busby

Autos were a tough ask even if we'd got it done, think it was just out of reach, but still cruel to have a result like that even just the momentum we lose

Yep.
Remember Everton 0 Wimbledon 2 at half time last game of season. Everton about to be relegated.
Full time Everton 3 Wimbledon 2.
Hmmmm
All the signs of cash at that one.
And Fash was later found out on "cash involvement" I think?

And not forgetting our other ex players Delroy & Moses.

We got very snobbish in this country about the corruption in Italian football. It goes on here just as much.

The corruption starts at the very top in government and with Boris Johnson, the PM. England is, essentially, a banana monarchy from top to bottom these days.

Too late to do anything about it now so we have to move on and concentrate on the playoffs. We play such great football at times and if we can sustain that for 90 mins plus we are a match for anybody in the playoffs. Plus Walsh and Johnson should be back which will put us nearly back to full strength.
I am really confident we can do it, to get to the playoffs is a massive achievement for the club.
Hopefully we won't have a referee who quite possibly is counting his bung from Barry Fry at the moment.

I think it's fairly clear - but if I've offended you, I apologise because I am an angry man at present.

No, really, I appreciate emotions are running high but I said....

- We deserved to win (positive)
- We need to take out righteous anger out on other teams (positive)
- We only lost the lead due to an unlucky deflection and the 2nd worst penalty award I've ever seen (positive)
- Peterborough would have gone up even if we'd won (the odds were still heavily stacked against us as we would have been reliant on Doncaster to win)

Going back a fair few years I had a spell in the overseas property market. I saw the misery that Darragh McAnthony caused many people who trusted him with their life savings. I don't wish to be called a Posh fan, though, thanks.

Players though can take the anger of that decision forward into the Play Offs. Things like this can galvanise teams. It is likely we could easily have won today, Tuesday and on the final Sunday and still be planning for the Play Offs. Now we have something more to use to get us through the extra matches

It would be typical of the arrogance and/or incompetence of the panel in charge of appointing the refs, to give that person* our first home fixture next season.

*Language moderated in cognizance of EFL media black out

Genuinely think there's a bit of centre of attention, give the big decision Billy big bollocks from Busby

Absolutely. He was pretty much 'I will give the big decisions late on in the match', which is fine if you're a good referee. Unfortunately he's a shower of shite. Today he was looking to make the decision.

He actually had a good position of the incident and took no time to consider what at happened. I wonder what he thought he saw!?

Absolutely fuming. Yes we should have been out of sight. Yes Hopper should've made it 4-1 but............that fucking referee had no hesitation in giving a penalty to them...........in the last minute..........when it was clear from 4x as far away (camera view) than his that their player was over before he even went backward into Scully!!!

Absolute garbage refereeing.

We can only hope that all the play offs have VAR and that all the referees are from the upper echelons of refereeing because at this level the referees are not worth even having on the pitch. Absolute disgrace.

Absolutely. He was pretty much 'I will give the big decisions late on in the match', which is fine if you're a good referee. Unfortunately he's a shower of shite. Today he was looking to make the decision.

He actually had a good position of the incident and took no time to consider what at happened. I wonder what he thought he saw!?

Up to that scandalous error he'd been pretty good. For our penalty he ignored a blatant Beckenbaueresque dive by the Peterborough defender to allow Rogers to rob him, and he was allowing play to carry on for lots of those incidents today. I thought we'd got one who was wise to those tricks, from which we benefit often by the way.

So imagine my surprise when he decides to award a penalty for the worst of the lot.

Just so desperate to give it he didn't bother to actually see what happened. Position looks fine, it's really really clear .. just madness