Match Thread: Peterborough United v Lincoln City | Page 41 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Peterborough United v Lincoln City

Up to that scandalous error he'd been pretty good. For our penalty he ignored a blatant Beckenbaueresque dive by the Peterborough defender to allow Rogers to rob him, and he was allowing play to carry on for lots of those incidents today. I thought we'd got one who was wise to those tricks, from which we benefit often by the way.

So imagine my surprise when he decides to award a penalty for the worst of the lot.

I thought he was doing his best to make it not a spectacle for some of it tbh, not giving advantages etc

Little did I know

A great game played by two very good teams .High stakes . Nervous times at 3-2 ,Ask yourselves this .Would that decision in a reverse situation stood? Give yourself a minute ..... No .Of course not. That is why we need to look at why decisions are always given for the 'bigger teams' with 'bigger 'managers and reputations. I don't mind seeing a game slipping out of our hands. God knows I have played and coached enough to experience both sides of that coin. I have Reffed many games where the momentum has swung . Come on though .What was the Ref thinking? What pressure was he under? What was at stake for him? Think about it. Is there corruption in the game? Evans is no stranger to it . Fergie at Posh? Makes you consider what has occurred before a little bit more . No ?

Also remember that Peterborough have three players they paid £1m plus for each (Clarke-Harris, Szmodics, Eisa). Promotion should have been a given for them.

Another new club record today:

Lincoln now have 45 points away from home, beating the previous club record of 44 set in the National League in 2016-17.
And set in the 3rd tier, just 4 seasons after that previous record set 2 tiers lower.

That just highlights how remarkable the club's progress has been and how remarkable this side has been this season.

The sour taste of that final penalty should not detract from that, they've played some scintillating stuff this season and played some scintillating stuff today with Scully's second surely a goal of the season contender.

Was anyone watching sky? Did they give any verdict on it?
All the reporter said was basically ' drama here as Posh given last min pen'. They then showed the replay but nobody had the bollocks to say how shocked they were. Even though their reporter looked slightly stunned!

I wonder whether Peterborough will do the decent thing and tell Szmodics to face the press to apologise for a shameful piece of cheating?
They won’t. As much as I am seething about the cheating bastards, I would 100% be happy if that had gone for us. Calmed down a bit now and we now need to concentrate on the play offs. Question is, which team do we need to get. Desperate to go up. That game against Fulham and listening to Carlisle winning at Chester the following night still haunt me.