Match Thread: Peterborough United v Lincoln City | Page 39 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Peterborough United v Lincoln City

It’s cheating by the player, but even worse massively incompetent by the ref. John Busby has ruined a few games with us involved now. Extremely poor official.

I am getting worried we're going to be the team who gets every bloody team promoted.

I guess a few comments aside from the terrible decision - you can see why we need bridcutt in there, him going off was big, and Tom hopper is a good player but fuck me if we could find someone like him but a bit more lethal we'd have been out of sight in the autos

All part and parcel of being a lincoln fan. I've seen over double the number of opposition promotions to lincoln promotions. Sigh.

Two of them due to shite officials (today and Southend play off final)

It’s cheating by the player, but even worse massively incompetent by the ref. John Busby has ruined a few games with us involved now. Extremely poor official.

Yeah it's a complete dive but they were desperate at the end and it's hard to say that Brennan J or someone wouldn't do something like that.

You just expect the fucking officials - he's right there too - would not buy that and see it's just a desperate attempt to win a penalty

Honestly if you can't get that right you shouldn't be refereeing at any level

The worst thing is he'll be in another game next week and today doesn't matter one bit to him. His ineptitude has had a huge affect on a very serious, very important game and he should be punished, but he won't.
They are completely unaccountable. MA will probably be charged with bringing the game into disrepute, or whatever nonsense term they use, yet the only people who should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute are Szmodics and the referee.

The problem is they're largely all terrible at this level so they can't bin him off as another clown comes out the clown car

I feel sorry for refs sometimes but that's just unforgivable

Knowing our luck we'll get Busby in the middle for the play-offs.
Will he think he needs to make amends though?

EDIT..................nah I'm with Oldgaurd on this one