Match Thread: Peterborough United v Lincoln City | Page 37 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Peterborough United v Lincoln City

I don’t know what to say after that. What a terrible decision that hopefully those that review that penalty decision will remember.

Meanwhile let take stock. We are capable of beating the top two promoted. We are in form going into the playoffs. But most of all we have a very good squad, manager and the best fans in this division.

Thanks for your company today it’s been special. Let’s go again for the playoffs

My head is melting a bit. Hope you are all well .

Frustrating ,An organised retreat is ok until some twat like that ref intervenes .Awful truly awful . Lets be clear .No one thought it was a penalty apart from the Ref .No one did .Posh fans taking it as a positive .I understand that.

Great achievement to have secured the PO's with two to spare, even more so given that not long ago it looked like we'd struggle to hang in there.

Performance have steadily improved, results have improved, Grant, Bridcutt and Hopper all back with Walsh and Jackson probably not too far away. If there's ever a time to get your strongest XI back...

I don’t know what to say after that. What a terrible decision that hopefully those that review that penalty decision will remember.

Meanwhile let take stock. We are capable of beating the top two promoted. We are in form going into the playoffs. But most of all we have a very good squad, manager and the best fans in this division.

Thanks for your company today it’s been special. Let’s go again for the playoffs

My head is melting a bit. Hope you are all well .
Weve run them close, but ultimately we haven't beaten either this season, regardless of refereeing injustices/penalty misses.

On the plus side, our deserved win would only have delayed the inevitable Peterborough promotion and just caused more upset and anxiety on Tuesday or, even worse, next weekend.

I think Peterborough are a really excellent side going forward and you could say they missed good chances that would have changed the game anyway, like the one in the first minute of the second half.

I don't blame ours for missing chances either, it happens.

But..... to be pegged back like that with a fortunate deflection and then the 2nd worst penalty award I have ever seen in the last minute of injury time is a bit annoying.

I hope they can use the justifiable anger from that to carry them through whatever is left of this season.

On a personal note - I had the choice of two games today but I watched Lincoln instead of Elche v Atletico Madrid which was a 3.15 k.o. I watched the last 15 minutes of the latter and it was 0-1 going into injury time when Elche got a penalty... from which they hit the post and it ended 0-1. Great ******* end to the afternoon all round.

On the other hand, I really enjoyed the game.

Bunch of wanking southerners who all moved a little bit north to live on roundabouts.
Shitting tossers on and all
Ere , you givin the Big one San? Oim a Cockney Geezer .Got all me speel fram that Dick van Dyke Geezer .Ya know im fram bleedin Mary Poppins